Trek Customer Service I Don't Think So.

Jerryjan

Trek Customer Service I Don't Think So.

Postby Jerryjan » Thu May 29, 2014 4:40 pm

Hi I contacted Trek Australia Customer Service by email using their web site, to complain about the bike and also to ask questions about the warranty nearly 2 weeks ago no reply. So then I contacted Trek USA and have not heard from them either. Well guess what bike I won't by buying in the future.

biker jk

Re: Trek Customer Service I Don't Think So.

Postby biker jk » Thu May 29, 2014 4:49 pm

That's pretty poor. Is there a phone number you can try? I asked a company a few clarifying questions about their product via email and had no response until I posted the question on their Facebook page. Seems they respond to public criticism.

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu May 29, 2014 5:03 pm

Or try this novel approach I saw recently!

http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=72245" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

osrg

Postby osrg » Thu May 29, 2014 6:27 pm

Jerryjan wrote:Hi I contacted Trek Australia Customer Service by email using their web site, to complain about the bike and also to ask questions about the warranty nearly 2 weeks ago no reply. So then I contacted Trek USA and have not heard from them either. Well guess what bike I won't by buying in the future.
Errrmmmm has it ever occurred to you to head into your local Trek dealer to have a chat? That's what most customers would do......

Jerryjan

Postby Jerryjan » Thu May 29, 2014 6:39 pm

To osrg how rude has it ever occurred to you that I have already done that !

Jerryjan

Postby Jerryjan » Thu May 29, 2014 6:43 pm

I think if the company can't be bothered to reply to my email I will just forget it, the bike shop has replaced things under warranty but there were issues I wanted to talk over with Trek. The guys I rode with last Wednesday said Trek never contact you.

flashpixx

Postby flashpixx » Sat May 31, 2014 2:52 pm

Jerryjan wrote: The guys I rode with last Wednesday said Trek never contact you.
I'm sorry to be the one that refutes that claim...

I've had a couple of issues with my 2014 Domane 5.2. First a bush in the Isospeed link in the seat post/top bar was missing. The LBS spotted straight away and fixed it no charge. Apparently a known issue.

Second my Domane came with 23mm tyres, would have preferred 25mm. Emailed Trek, got a reply within 2 business days - they sent 2 new 25mm tyres to the LBS no charge which were also fitted FoC.

I know my issue was easily resolved, but they could have just ignored it, and i would have had to deal with the LBS.

This is the response from Trek: Maybe give this guy a call.
Hi Gordon,

Apologies for the delay in replying to your request.

At a manufacturing level with our bikes we sometimes have to adjust the spec of a bike in order to get it out to market in a timely fashion. We display a notice on our website warning of this possibility.

I’d like to get you a set of the 25mm Bontrager R3 tyres though for you to install on your Domane 5.2. I’ve spoken to Phil at Riders Choice and he is more than happy to install them for you. I will ship him a set of 25mm R3 tyres today.

If you need any further please don’t hesitate to contact me Gordon.

Kind regards,

Gareth Halverson | Trek Bicycle Corporation (Australia) | Customer Service & ACT Territory Manager PO Box 1747 Fyshwick ACT 2609 | T: 02 6173 2400 x36117
Gordon

Riding: Trek Domane SLR 7

bianchi928

Postby bianchi928 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:32 am

I contacted Trek directly by there web site with a simple question that didn't warrant a trip to the shop, never heard back.

My Trek retailer on the other hand, is brilliant.
Stand on my dog I cut off your head