Is the Emonda "the great all rounder"?

Mububban

Is the Emonda "the great all rounder"?

Postby Mububban » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:56 pm

I'm looking into an upgraded road bike, and am looking at the Emonda as a nice lightweight all round good machine, rather than the out and out comfort of the Domane, and my body is not keen on a hardcore racing machine like the Madone.

Is the Emonda a good all rounder for group rides, fitness rides and the odd ride up in the hills? I'm considering things like the Giant TCR, Canyon Ultimate and am open to other model suggestions too.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

flex5150

Re: Is the Emonda "the great all rounder"?

Postby flex5150 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:50 pm

The Emonda is a response to Trek Killing there greatest ever frame...the 2011/12 Madone SSL
in favour of the "Aero" 7 series (brake in the BB) madones.
There was a fair amount of discussion from dealers and rider in relation to the change most of it negative. If you look closely at the relative geo of the SSL and SLR Emondas they are esentially the same bike with a few minor tweaks such as full carbon dropouts and mech hanger, direct mount brakes and ever so slightly diff carbon layup...still 700 OCLV Mil spec secret squirrel carbon however.
Its my belief the SSL is the great all rounder . Ive owned 3 and regretted every one Ive sold... I just bought another 2 of them. Its up there with the BMC SLR01 as my all time fave.

The SLR emonda maybe your ticket but I suggest the lower SL wont ride the same. Maybe hang off for a SSL theres been one on ebay / gumtree for a while now $1500 54 H1, other sizes come up now and then and more often and cheaper than SLR emonda.
PM me if you want more info
Flex.
BMC SLR01 '15 RED22
Giant PROPEL SL RED22.
BMC SLR01 '18 E-TAP

Velt

Postby Velt » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:42 pm

Future proof and get a bike with disc brakes if you're buying new imo

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:54 pm

Velt wrote:Future proof and get a bike with disc brakes if you're buying new imo
I'd wait another year or two until the standards are set