Ttrek 3 3500 series

Smoothrun

Ttrek 3 3500 series

Postby Smoothrun » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:16 pm

Hi all,

Im new to Mtb and this Forum, I just bought an old trek 3, 3500 series o play with. First things first I need to do a service and am short a cassette removal tool. I know its a sram but there seems to be so many choose from. I bought this bike to get my hands dirty before I step up to a better bike and or model and not sure of which tool and or tools I may need further down the track. I realy dont want to spend a great deal of money but any insight or feedbak will be appreciated. If you need more info im not sure other tthan the serial number.

Cheers Dave :?:

Kronos

Re: Ttrek 3 3500 series

Postby Kronos » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:53 pm

All the tools you will need are a Park Tool FR5.2, a suitable 7-11 speed universal chain whip and a shifter.

Smoothrun

Postby Smoothrun » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:33 pm

Thanks Kronos, greatly apreciated. It seems the mtb and others ttols are an expensive price to pay all depending on what you want to do yourself. I bought the tools today and got it all off. The freewheel hub seems to be another tool i dont have as theres no freeplay. Oh well ill get there. All part of the fun.

Thanks again. :D

Kronos

Postby Kronos » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:45 am

Smoothrun wrote:Thanks Kronos, greatly apreciated. It seems the mtb and others ttols are an expensive price to pay all depending on what you want to do yourself. I bought the tools today and got it all off. The freewheel hub seems to be another tool i dont have as theres no freeplay. Oh well ill get there. All part of the fun.

Thanks again. :D

This will probably help. You'll want to look at the Shimano (SRAM) type of freehub.

https://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-he ... -section-2