Cannondale CAAD9 or CAAD10?

Tim

Re: Cannondale CAAD9 or CAAD10?

Postby Tim » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:30 am

trailgumby wrote:Do tell. What happened?
CAAD9 loose and poor fitting BB30 bearings, finally solved with Loctite and two attempts to repair. Worn and loose headset bearings at less than 8000 Km's. Crack/split in seatstay. Bike is now unrideable at only 15,000 Km's (approx). Couldn't be bothered pursuing the matter after earlier experience.
2010 Cannondale Synapse Sram Red. Loose and poor fitting BB30 bearings from purchase date. Three attempts to repair, continued to loosen and creak. Crack to carbon seat tube. Much argument, legal advise sought, action threatened, reluctant and eventual frame replacement offered. Cash refund proffered by embarrassed but very obliging LBS. Pity same couldn't be said for Cannondale Aust/Cycling Sports Group. They ducked and weaved throughout the entire shemozzle.
Cannondale, never again.
Happy owner of Giant and Vivente bikes.

toppity

Postby toppity » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:55 am

had a similar issue with my CAAD9. I've ended up replacing the BB with a Praxis but haven't built it back up yet. Head set needs frequent adjustment. I can only assume the internal nut moves slightly over time? Other than that it's been a very good bike.
I ride several bicycles, but not at once.

fenn_paddler

Postby fenn_paddler » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:21 am

I don't disagree that the distributor appears reluctant to own Cannondale frame warranty problems, but my experience with a second hand 105-equipped CAAD9 is that it's been my best roadie ever. I have a history of cracking frames but my three cannondales have been relatively trouble-free:

Viner: RH chainstay cracked (not repaired)
Europa #1: RH chainstay cracked (repaired)
Europa #1: LH chainstay cracked(repaired)
Europa #2: Broken down tube (not repaired)
Abeni: Cracked seatstay (not repaired)
Cannondale Original Suntour Black Magic: no problems
Cannondale 2.8 Criterium: no problems
Felt Fixie #1: cracked Seatstay (Warranty replacement)
Felt Fixie #2: cracked Seatstay (warranty replacement)
Yum Cha aluminium fixie: cracked chainstay (not repaired)
Cannondale CAAD9 (2nd hand): put bolt into bottom bracket shell to stop creaking. Otherwise great.

If the CAAD9 were to break tomorrow, I would say I've had a great 18 months and 12,000kms out of it. Not sure how many k's the original owner put on it. I don't expect a performance road frame to last forever.

Six13

Postby Six13 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:27 pm

petal665 wrote:CAAD9 looks better.
If they are both yours, that just plain bragging :D

<apols for bump of an old thread>

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:50 pm

Tim wrote:Pity same couldn't be said for Cannondale Aust/Cycling Sports Group. They ducked and weaved throughout the entire shemozzle.
Cannondale, never again.
Happy owner of Giant and Vivente bikes.
Well, you won't have to worry abut dealing with CSG ever again. Cannondale has given their distributorship to someone else.

Word from someone who used to work there with whom I rode a couple of weeks ago said that it was a very dysfunctional place to work, and they had the unique distinction of halving sales from $12m pa to $6m pa in about 2 years, at which point they got the chop.

The snotty and up-himself attitude of the rep when I did a demo day prior to purchasing my Scalpel was less than endearing as well.

Dave R32

Postby Dave R32 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:13 pm

TG, do you know who the new distributor is ?

Cheers
Dave.
Avanti Vivace = Sold | Trek Madone = Cracked | '12 Caad10 = Sold | Pinarello SDG3K | '14 Caad10 & Bianchi Pista

alchemist

Postby alchemist » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:54 pm

Monza