Getting my first road bike - Cannondale Quick 2

Sam1990

Getting my first road bike - Cannondale Quick 2

Postby Sam1990 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Hi All,
I am planning to get my first road bike recently. I am having a mountain bike currently.
Someone offers to sell Cannondale Quick 2 Female's one petite size at around $550, which bought new one and half year ago. Is this fair enough?
Also, I am worrying about if I used to mountain bike, will it be too difficult to adapt to road bike.
I will go cycling to school during weekdays and exercising during weekend on some occasions.
I would really appreciate any assistance and reply.
Thank a lot.

Howzat

Re: Getting my first road bike - Cannondale Quick 2

Postby Howzat » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:21 am

Sounds like a good deal - depends on the condition but it's about half of retail when new, which is about right.

You'll adapt to the Quick in about 10 seconds. The road wheels should make it noticeably faster than your mountain bike.

malarkey

Postby malarkey » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Hmm I guess I might be better off using the mountain bike for a while and save up for a decent road bike if I stick to it. I still can't decide on new or 2nd hand, 2nd hand is looking the better option but since I'm pretty new to all of this I don't want to get something that isn't right for me.

macca33

Postby macca33 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:01 pm

I recently got back into it after a long time out and purchased a secondhand bike that fits me,as my old one was too small and perhaps, the catalyst for such a long time out of the saddle.

My advice is not to discount secondhand - as you can get a very good high-spec bike that is half a dozen years old, for a good price. Most sellers are happy for you to take a good look at it and if you're unsure, ask some questions of your local bike shop, or online. There are secondhand bargains to be had - if you do the research and can get over the secondhand (rather than brand new) mindset.

PS - not saying new is no good either, but there are plenty of options.

cheers
CAAD10 Berzerker & Focus Mares & Ridley Noah SL

Sam1990

Postby Sam1990 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Thank you for all your replies. Thanks a lot.

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:32 pm

macca33 wrote:I recently got back into it after a long time out and purchased a secondhand bike that fits me,as my old one was too small and perhaps, the catalyst for such a long time out of the saddle.

My advice is not to discount secondhand - as you can get a very good high-spec bike that is half a dozen years old, for a good price. Most sellers are happy for you to take a good look at it and if you're unsure, ask some questions of your local bike shop, or online. There are secondhand bargains to be had - if you do the research and can get over the secondhand (rather than brand new) mindset.

PS - not saying new is no good either, but there are plenty of options.

cheers
The best part about second-hand Cannondales is that they come with exactly the same warranty as the new ones :( , but you don't have to pay for it. :D

Cheers,

Cameron