Cannondale Australian Distributor?

axeman74

Cannondale Australian Distributor?

Postby axeman74 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:03 pm

So who's is the current distributor for Cannondale in Australia?

Cannondale website says it is Cycling Sports Group, Stanmore NSW.

My other research (all recent sources) also suggests it could also be Monza Imports, North Melb. VIC, or Cannondale Sports Unlimited (which is at the same address as Cycling Sports Group, so presumably it is the same company renamed).

So at least two different companies, with two different addresses. Anyone know for sure which it is? Seems strange that one would have to engage in detective work to determine the importer for a large cycling manufacturer.

In case anyone is interested, I need a Cannondale specific part for one of my frames, and the closest Cannondale dealer doesn't seem interested in helping anyone with less than $10000 to spend.

Thanks

Axeman74

trailgumby

Re: Cannondale Australian Distributor?

Postby trailgumby » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:22 pm

Monza Imports now.

Cycling Sports Group lost it after halving turnover from a healthy $12mil pa two years earlier. Lots of good people lost their jobs out of it unfortunately, but it goes to show what a difference good (or bad) management can make to a business.

As a customer of Cannondale, I am pleased the distributorship has changed hands, as a couple of mates got screwed over by CSG. They seemed to think the brand having a cult following entitled them to treat customers badly. I hope the snotty rep who said that to me (albeit not in so few words) was the first against the wall when the revolution came.

Ah, feels good to get that off my chest :lol:

axeman74

Postby axeman74 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:54 pm

Why does your story not surprise me Trailgumby? Whilst I have always had respect for the innovative nature of Cannondale in the past (which didn't always produce great results, but at least they tried to bring something new to the market), there always seemed to be an air of arrogance around its local representation. Sad to say that it looks like the company itself is almost in a state of terminal decline, or at least heading towards being just a normal bike company. Hopefully Monza Imports can provide the level of service local owners deserve - don't know about the bike division, but their motorbike division has a reasonably good reputation in the motorcycle community.

Axeman74

axeman74

Postby axeman74 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:05 am

Interesting also that Cannondale's distributor webpage has not been updated to reflect this change. It happened several months ago from what I can gather. Say What? Kind of suggests that the company has little interest in or respect for this market, or am I reading too much into it?

Axeman74

macca33

Postby macca33 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:05 am

Dunno whether it'll assist or not, but perhaps try Cannondale Experts for your part/s - they are fairly good to deal with.

cheers
CAAD10 Berzerker & Focus Mares & Ridley Noah SL

axeman74

Postby axeman74 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:25 pm

Thanks macca33. All I need is a plastic cable guide, so it seems a bit of a waste to have it sent from the other side of the world. These are unique to Cannondale in that they have a stupid and unreliable mounting system- a simple plastic jubilee type clip held in with a small plastic insert, which easily breaks off or the insert falls out and gets lost forever.

Instead I am just going to bypass Cannondale altogether and engineer my own (permanent) solution using commonly available Shimano parts. Screw you Cannondale. How hard is it to design a reliable cable guide system for your frames? And why are you still running cables under the BB on a MTB anyway? I don't know of any other manufacturer that is still doing this, and its for good reasons!

Axeman74

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:15 pm

I bought a bottom bracket cable guide for my CAAD9 a while ago from Cannondale Experts.
Much better to deal with than Cycling Sports Group. CSG got what they deserved.
Try this;

http://www.cannondaleexperts.com/Cable-Guides_c_7.html

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:00 pm

Sorry, it wasn't Cannondale Experts.
I bought the cable guide from this mob in Qld;

https://www.cyclinic.com.au/product-cat ... ame-parts/

axeman74

Postby axeman74 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:19 pm

Ah yes have dealt with these guys in the past (used to be called something else) and they were fantastic. Didn't occur to me to try them this time, but they do have what I need.

Still think I might try my modification first. $20+ for a crappy piece of plastic that will probably fail again makes it a last resort sort of proposition now.

Thanks for all the responses.