Giant Defy 2015 - Skinny seat stays a problem?

Machoman121

Re: Giant Defy 2015 - Skinny seat stays a problem?

Postby Machoman121 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:23 pm

20mm adjustment is ok provided you have nailed the correct seat height in the first place - so with an ISP there's very little room for error. Any tips?

Cmm

Postby Cmm » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:14 am

If your really stressed re the lack of adjustment go with the advanced pro. Or maybe a proper bike fit to get saddle height dialled in before ISP is trimmed

Machoman121

Postby Machoman121 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:28 am

Got the Defy SL 1- I had a fantastic fitting done - it's about 1cm higher than i normally ride - we cut the mast 3 times - i reckon it's spot on now with minimal bending of the knees and not rocking at the hips. The store manager - J (his first name) was super fantastic - patient - experienced and matured. PM me if you want his contact (Mentone area). If i ever do buy the next bike i'll go with J. again.I had many sleepless nights when i decided on the SL - but it turned out all right in the end. I was lucky to have met J. - the outcome could have been not as good if someone else did a rush job on me.

Took it for a 50km ride on beach rd. Probably the easiest 50km i did on beach road - the bike was tauter/stiffer and slightly lighter than my Defy composite 2. The carbon wheels are stiff too - it complained loudly when i went over a manhole.