Propel Advanced 0 / Pro 0

RideLikeTheWind

Propel Advanced 0 / Pro 0

Postby RideLikeTheWind » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:30 pm

Hi all,

I am in the market for a new bike and have pretty well decided on the Propel Advanced. I have a 2012 Tarmac ATM (which I will sell) and due to triathlon and other racing, would prefer something I can use for both road and tri. The benefit of the Propel is the Di2 at a pretty reasonable price point (on the Ad0), which means I can put tri bars and switches on easily when I need them.

The question is - will the upgrade REALLY make that much difference between the Pro and the Pro 0? I need Di2, so can't go another model, and I definitely cannot afford the SL (as much as I would prefer it).

Also, what is the consensus on the wheel set? Is the Ad0 wheel set decent enough?

I can wait, if I need to, to get the 'right' one. I rode the Ad0 and was impressed with it for sure - stiff, light (for all of 2km anyway).

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Joe

Carrots

Re: Propel Advanced 0 / Pro 0

Postby Carrots » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:54 am

So to indirectly answer...

If I were buying a new Propel and spending $4k....I'd be buying the Pro 1 (I think it is) mechanical ultegra over the Adv 0 Di2 version.

The finishing kit on the Pro models is far superior, the wheelset is notably better than the Adv set and also you're talking a full carbon frameset where the Adv runs an alloy/carbon fork (steerer tube is alloy).

So if we're ignoring the $ side of things - the Pro 0 is the better of the two. But you could buy the Adv 0 and put on some better handlebars and flog the wheels off for some nicer hoops.... And then probably end up spending similar money to the Pro 0 anyway.

RideLikeTheWind

Re: Propel Advanced 0 / Pro 0

Postby RideLikeTheWind » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:44 pm

Yeah - the only issue is I need the Di2 for the aero bars and switches, which I can't really do without if I'm racing longer distances. Thanks ;)