BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:55 am

been through a few iterations, but in its current guise - 6.72kg as you see it, pedals/cages/barlfy 2.0

Image
User avatar
jaseyjase
 
Posts: 2242
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Perth

by BNA » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:44 pm

BNA
 

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby |nick| » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:44 pm

Just got some new wheels for the long weekend.

Image
|nick|
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:05 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby ProCelebrityGolf » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:56 am

Those mavic wheels really make that bike pop! Such a great look!

Sadly I'm about to try and sell my much loved 2012 SLR01 satin finish frame - I will try and post some pics up here before I take her apart one final time.
ProCelebrityGolf
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby ProCelebrityGolf » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:11 pm

Regretfully now dismantled and ready for the marketplace...

Image
ProCelebrityGolf
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby diventare » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:41 pm

Here she is again, out of the Kinglake drizzle & fog and about to head down Beach Road this time.
Still working hard to make me happy, 3 years old with something over 10k on the clock and rides like the day I bought it. I hope it never wears out!
Parts? Brake pads, chain and BB30 bearings.
Total lee or sum.
Image
Image
diventare
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:41 am

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby sgriffiths » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:08 pm

Image
Image
With her dancing shoes on, finally... Don't know the weight, but it'll be easier to lose some off my gut.
Ultegra Di2 10sp, Zipp 808FC with a Powertap, Torhans bottle + Speedfil for hydration, Adamo Road, poly-pipe Garmin mount between the arms. Rides like a dream :D
sgriffiths
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:02 pm

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby flex5150 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:06 am

^^^ epic Vader goodness!!!
Madone SSL MTN Qhubeka '12
BMC Team machine SLR01 '15
TREK Madone Pro, Astana Team TdU '09 RUBIERA
User avatar
flex5150
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 5:39 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby sgriffiths » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:15 pm

I call it the Batmobike.
sgriffiths
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:02 pm

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby flex5150 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Image

Back on the BMC, always regretted selling the last one.
6.3kg as pictured for those that care.
Madone SSL MTN Qhubeka '12
BMC Team machine SLR01 '15
TREK Madone Pro, Astana Team TdU '09 RUBIERA
User avatar
flex5150
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 5:39 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby jaseyjase » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am

perfect!
User avatar
jaseyjase
 
Posts: 2242
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Perth

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby Dirty32 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:23 pm

Nice one, Flex!
Front end looks nice and looooow (especially at the drops!). Whats the specs on the stem?
Dirty32
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby jaseyjase » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:02 pm

Dirty32 wrote:Whats the specs on the stem?


im gonna take a stab at 120mm -10deg by easton.
User avatar
jaseyjase
 
Posts: 2242
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Perth

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby tillquist » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:07 am

My new BMC SLR01 -2015

Image
tillquist
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:25 am
Location: Gørlev

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby Dimis » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:39 am

jaseyjase wrote:perfect!


Nah...
It's too small. :-(
Lol.

Well done flex!
Love it.
Dimis
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:27 am

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby flex5150 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:09 am

Haha Dimi be glad you're a 56 lest you own all my bikes.

Jase your on the money. Same 120mm 10deg as on my 2011.
Imo BMC need a flatter stem. I don't rate the 6 deg on the newer models.
The bars however are standard cadel issue rotundo team 40mm....without the ends cut off.
I'm considering putting my old Easton Tko bars back on but it means adding 100g...?

BTW. For what it's worth.all the hype about this frameset is 100% justified. Far and away the best alrounder I have ever ridden. Descends and climbs like nothing I've ever ridden. only on a beach road does the madone have the edge in straight line speed.
Madone SSL MTN Qhubeka '12
BMC Team machine SLR01 '15
TREK Madone Pro, Astana Team TdU '09 RUBIERA
User avatar
flex5150
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 5:39 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:23 am

flex5150 wrote:Imo BMC need a flatter stem. I don't rate the 6 deg on the newer models.


Agree, im running 8deg with the deda, 10 would be nicer. im a fan of at least being the same level as the TT

flex5150 wrote:BTW. For what it's worth.all the hype about this frameset is 100% justified. Far and away the best alrounder I have ever ridden. Descends and climbs like nothing I've ever ridden..


haha preaching to the choir!
User avatar
jaseyjase
 
Posts: 2242
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Perth

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby Dimis » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:52 pm

jaseyjase wrote:
flex5150 wrote:BTW. For what it's worth.all the hype about this frameset is 100% justified. Far and away the best alrounder I have ever ridden. Descends and climbs like nothing I've ever ridden..


haha preaching to the choir!


My experience has been similar...
and I've ridden a lot (Not all but alot) of high end bikes.

Even when comparing my 2011 frame to my newer 2013 "self proclaimed and independently tested "best bike in the world"" Cannondale EVO hi-mod. I still prefer my BMC SLR01...


flex5150 wrote:Haha Dimi be glad you're a 56 lest you own all my bikes.

Haha... The thought does cross my mind!
Do you think if I watered them they'd grow? :-p
Dimis
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:27 am

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby flex5150 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:06 pm

so your on the lookout for a cheap size 55 then Dimis. Do what I do flip the frames keep the bits.

I found another toy. This one has Super Record 11 on it. Anyone tried it? Im not sure if I should put my RED on it or keep it as is.
Madone SSL MTN Qhubeka '12
BMC Team machine SLR01 '15
TREK Madone Pro, Astana Team TdU '09 RUBIERA
User avatar
flex5150
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 5:39 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby yanjarra » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:29 am

Image

Joined the club. Beautiful ride.
yanjarra
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby J Quinton » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:31 pm

I've been the lucky owner of a Slr01 2011 model with SRAM red since 2012. It has been flawless. I read from time to time that carbon breaks down, but the SLR is still as fast as when I got it.

I ride audax rides - just did a 500km Oppy last Sat - a very comfy ride in my experience. Have been thinking about getting a new bike and was tempted by another slr, but I don't think the new paint jobs are as good as the older ones.

It's nice to know that you have the best.
J Quinton
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:52 pm

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby mmc22 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:12 am

Sold and old frame under the s-1 rule and picked up a 2011 BMC SLR01 frameset. Former owner said the 60cm frame was a touch large for them. Had a look at their Strava and it checked out that they didn't ride it much. Got it for less than I sold the other bike for.

Feels super fast and easily the lightest bike i've ever ridden at just under 6.8kg. Have only done just over 100km so far... but i'm sold on this thing. Spins up so fast and holds speed so easily. Ride is on par with my custom Ti, but subtly different. Looking forward to doing many many miles on this, totally enamored.

Build goes like this;
- Campagnolo Super Record Shifters, Front and Rear Derailleurs, Dual Pivot Calipers with Red Campagnolo carbon pads
- Comp Ultra Over Torque 11 Speed 175mm Chainset 30mm spindle with BB30 cups and ceramic bearings (lighter and stiffer than the SR Ti Chainset)
- 3T 100mm Arx Pro Alloy Stem
- 3T 440mm ErgoNova Team Carbon Road Handlebars
- Campagnolo Bora Ultra 2 tubulars with Zipp Tangente Tubular Tyres
- 12-27 Record Cassette
- Record Chain
- Campagnolo Cableset
- Fizik Arione Saddle with K:IUM Rails
- Fizik Performance Tacky Bar Tape
- Look Keo Blade 2 Carbon Pedals 16Nm
- Arundel Mandible Carbon Bottle Cages
- All titanium hardware throughout

Image

Image
mmc22
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:26 pm

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:19 am

beauty, im not biased at all with that frame colour =D

group/wheel combo on point!
User avatar
jaseyjase
 
Posts: 2242
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Perth

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby rheicel » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:49 pm

I have a small one for my wife. I tried extending the seat post and it looks like I may just use it. It looks better in the flesh :)Image
Image
User avatar
rheicel
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:01 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby J Quinton » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:36 am

Awesome




mmc22 wrote:Sold and old frame under the s-1 rule and picked up a 2011 BMC SLR01 frameset. Former owner said the 60cm frame was a touch large for them. Had a look at their Strava and it checked out that they didn't ride it much. Got it for less than I sold the other bike for.

Feels super fast and easily the lightest bike i've ever ridden at just under 6.8kg. Have only done just over 100km so far... but i'm sold on this thing. Spins up so fast and holds speed so easily. Ride is on par with my custom Ti, but subtly different. Looking forward to doing many many miles on this, totally enamored.

Build goes like this;
- Campagnolo Super Record Shifters, Front and Rear Derailleurs, Dual Pivot Calipers with Red Campagnolo carbon pads
- Comp Ultra Over Torque 11 Speed 175mm Chainset 30mm spindle with BB30 cups and ceramic bearings (lighter and stiffer than the SR Ti Chainset)
- 3T 100mm Arx Pro Alloy Stem
- 3T 440mm ErgoNova Team Carbon Road Handlebars
- Campagnolo Bora Ultra 2 tubulars with Zipp Tangente Tubular Tyres
- 12-27 Record Cassette
- Record Chain
- Campagnolo Cableset
- Fizik Arione Saddle with K:IUM Rails
- Fizik Performance Tacky Bar Tape
- Look Keo Blade 2 Carbon Pedals 16Nm
- Arundel Mandible Carbon Bottle Cages
- All titanium hardware throughout

Image

Image
J Quinton
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:52 pm

Re: BMC Gallery - lets see yours!

Postby rheicel » Wed May 06, 2015 11:53 am

Not quite a complete bike yet. Image
Image
User avatar
rheicel
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:01 pm
Location: Sydney

PreviousNext

Return to BMC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Ebay Ebay AU
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter
“Bicycles BNA on Strava

> FREE BNA Stickers