comparison wioth other forums

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: comparison wioth other forums

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:44 am

Thanks Andrew, got it now. :)

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Pavlova

Postby Pavlova » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:00 pm

Not being keen on living online I've not previously been interested in bloggng, forums, Facetube and Ubook etc. When I decided to do a bit more cycling I had a bit of a browse and when I came across this forum found that I could easily spend a couple of hours reading through some of the interesting, informative and sometimes entertaining threads, so took the plunge and signed up. I'm probably not the most active member here but reckon that the forum is pretty good on all accounts, not sure how the people who run it get paid for their time but really appreciate the opportunity to be a part of it. I have seen some of the threads where people have a moan about something that annoys them about the forum but to me I am here with no cost and no effort so really could not find fault. People seem mostly friendly, a lot have a sense of humour and can take the p!$$ without offending or being offensive.

Thank you to every one involved in running this forum and keep up the good work.
2009 Malver Star Oppy Bol D'or
2008 Giant CRX2
Couple of old clangers (one with kiddie seat)

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:20 pm

Pavlova wrote: not sure how the people who run it get paid for their time but really appreciate the opportunity to be a part of it.
Hi

They don't get paid ...

Andrew

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:30 pm

The moderators generously put in there own time to keep the forum well oiled which is why criticism of the moderators should always be constructive! The advertising income goes directly to covering forum / site costs and no wages are paid.
Cycling is in my BNA

Pavlova

Postby Pavlova » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:16 pm

AUbicycles wrote: moderators generously put in there own time to keep the forum well oiled
Moderators must be too old / young to have children and or have no jobs. I would love to have some of my 'own time' for anything. :) Anyway, the time and effort is much appreciated by all who use the forum, I'm sure.
2008 Giant CRX2

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:39 pm

Pavlova wrote:
AUbicycles wrote: moderators generously put in there own time to keep the forum well oiled
Moderators must be too old / young to have children and or have no jobs. I would love to have some of my 'own time' for anything. :) Anyway, the time and effort is much appreciated by all who use the forum, I'm sure.
I have a job (50+ hours a weeks worth :roll: ) but no kids. Not yet anyways. I manage to sneak in on breaks at work, and often you will see me on here at 2am when I really should be sleeping :lol:

Having the team of mods that we do, when one of us goes MIA for a period of time for whatever reason (as I am about to do) the rest of the team simply take it in stride.

Whilst we do not do it for the thanks, it is appreciated. Personally, before joining the moderator team I had no idea of the amount of 'stuff' going on in the background. In saying that, I would hate to be a mod on some of the other forums I am a member of (gaming ones in particular). The fact that being a mod on here is relatively pain free is an indication of the generally well behaved membership group as a whole. So thanks right back at ya 8)
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

Pavlova

Postby Pavlova » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:35 pm

im_no_pro wrote:The fact that being a mod on here is relatively pain free is an indication of the generally well behaved membership group as a whole.
Hmmm, better work on that. Wouldn't want life to be too easy for you :wink:
2008 Giant CRX2

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Pavlova wrote:
im_no_pro wrote:The fact that being a mod on here is relatively pain free is an indication of the generally well behaved membership group as a whole.
Hmmm, better work on that. Wouldn't want life to be too easy for you :wink:
Lets be clear: that was not an invitation (but knock yourself out, I wont be around for the next week or so) :wink: :P :lol:
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:03 pm

I will be and I'm good at unseen editing :wink:

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:31 pm

Mulger bill wrote:I will be and I'm good at unseen editing :wink:

Shaun
:lol: