AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Moron Competition - BNA Giveaway

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:33 pm

Thanks for the reminder -

These are the favourites:

Ozkaban
A trans US odyssey. From Obscure Way CL, Texas to Cheat Lake West Virginia, Winner in South Dakota then to Discovery Bay, CA and finally to Disgraceland, Illionois.

familyguy
Bong Bong, NSW
Wagga Wagga, NSW
Grong Grong, NSW

HappyHumber
I'd make a bee-line for Damboring, here in WA. A lack of attractions would assure budget accommodation. And probably vice versa for that matter.

Derny Driver
Im just dying to do a Trans USA ride from Hallelujah Junction California, along the Queens highway to Hell, Cayman Islands. A lazy 4700km

AusAce (3rd time lucky)
Las Vegas-Nevada to Truth or Consequences-New Mexico I think it would be a great ride of introspection.

MattyK gets an honorable mention, though technically after the end date.

Thank you for participation, with well over 1000 people viewing this, the creative spark was absent so the low entry meant the winning chances were good. I will PM each winner.

Thank you to publisher Allen und Unwin for sponsoring the Moron to Moron Book Prize
Cycling is in my BNA

linds

Postby linds » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:00 am

familyguy wrote:I'd head off from Sydney on a loaded tourer and ride via the following destinations:

Bong Bong, NSW
Wagga Wagga, NSW
Grong Grong, NSW

I'd do my best to catch my own food, and camp along the way.

Jim
You forgot Colac Colac ( pronounced 'clack clack')

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:09 am

linds wrote:
familyguy wrote:I'd head off from Sydney on a loaded tourer and ride via the following destinations:

Bong Bong, NSW
Wagga Wagga, NSW
Grong Grong, NSW

I'd do my best to catch my own food, and camp along the way.

Jim
You forgot Colac Colac ( pronounced 'clack clack')
And wee wee rup & woy woy & many others. Frankly it is such a bungle bungle that it would make your lip curl curl :D
Anything you can do, I can do slower

Ozkaban

Postby Ozkaban » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:12 am

AUbicycles wrote:Thanks for the reminder -

These are the favourites:

Ozkaban
A trans US odyssey. From Obscure Way CL, Texas to Cheat Lake West Virginia, Winner in South Dakota then to Discovery Bay, CA and finally to Disgraceland, Illionois.

familyguy
Bong Bong, NSW
Wagga Wagga, NSW
Grong Grong, NSW

HappyHumber
I'd make a bee-line for Damboring, here in WA. A lack of attractions would assure budget accommodation. And probably vice versa for that matter.

Derny Driver
Im just dying to do a Trans USA ride from Hallelujah Junction California, along the Queens highway to Hell, Cayman Islands. A lazy 4700km

AusAce (3rd time lucky)
Las Vegas-Nevada to Truth or Consequences-New Mexico I think it would be a great ride of introspection.

MattyK gets an honorable mention, though technically after the end date.

Thank you for participation, with well over 1000 people viewing this, the creative spark was absent so the low entry meant the winning chances were good. I will PM each winner.

Thank you to publisher Allen und Unwin for sponsoring the Moron to Moron Book Prize
Awesome! Thanks.

And thanks to Allen & Unwin too. I actually built their website back in 2000... (I'm sure they'll remember the green and red one - I was the tech, not the crayon pusher!)

Thought there were some excellent entries in there and somewhat surprised I won. I'll certainly enjoy the book though.

Cheers
Dave