Gumtree Seller - Fraudulently representing BNA

TTar

Re: Gumtree Seller - Fraudulently representing BNA

Postby TTar » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:08 pm

Summernight wrote:
Maybe their KMart scams were actually lucrative enough to make this attack on you worthwhile.... :|

I had the dread feeling the reason our friend was removing and reposting ads with such frequency at the height of the thread was not because of any complaints Gumtree may have received, but rather an indication of just how many they were selling. But this person is a unique character, so who knows. Had they stayed away from here or didn't persist with it as long as they did, (let alone embarking on this latest escapade), it would likely have been back to business as usual for them by now.

There's a touch of poetic justice to the thought this person's lurid misrepresentations that were so fruitful might also prove to be their undoing.

TMjpn wrote: Someone really has alot of time on their hands.

Maybe because they don't have a Gumtree business to run anymore? :)
Sent from my fortified compound

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:40 pm

Summernight wrote:Ohh... I haven't finished catching up on the old thread from Friday. Now THIS should be a good popcorn fest.

It is sad that this scammer has decided to target you, Christopher.
Maybe their KMart scams were actually lucrative enough to make this attack on you worthwhile.... :|

I am assuming you have already contacted Gumtree about it?

And welcome, Landyacht. I would suggest, if you haven't already, you read the associated thread that is the prequel to this one for some light reading. :lol:
I did read all of it. Now I want my time back! It's rather a shame scammers must resort to this sort of behaviour. I'm sure the Police will be quite interested in this given he/she/it is now misrepresenting themselves as a very large and quite popular website.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:38 pm

g-boaf wrote:I did read all of it. Now I want my time back! It's rather a shame scammers must resort to this sort of behaviour. I'm sure the Police will be quite interested in this given he/she/it is now misrepresenting themselves as a very large and quite popular website.
I take solace from knowing that, although my time and popcorn were wasted on the scammer, the BNA community came together to enlighten everyone (apart from the scammer as there was never any hope for them) about proper use of lens flare and how to cook eggs (oh, and this sort of scam).

There's buyer beware on misrepresented goods and then there's crossing the line into fraud. Stupid mistake to cross that line, IMO. But not surprising given my impressions of the scammer (to put it nicely they are missing a few eggs from their basket).

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:49 pm

I think at the end of the year we should have a wrap up of the best threads/posts of 2013 and lens flare and high speed eggs will have to be right up there :) .
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

tekapo

Postby tekapo » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:34 pm

TTar wrote:
Summernight wrote:

I had the dread feeling the reason our friend was removing and reposting ads with such frequency at the height of the thread was not because of any complaints Gumtree may have received, but rather an indication of just how many they were selling.
I don't think they were selling that fast. I have been looking at Gumtree for another (#3) bike in Melbourne. What I have noticed is that with some of the really good deals, i.e. a fairly old Giant OCR 3 for 60, it went in (literally) minutes, probably sold to someone bike unseen. But once you get above 100-200 mark, it will take a little while for the bike to get sold and removed from Gumtree, i.e. the buyer and seller would arrange to meet and it all takes time, as unless its a really good deal, I doubt many people would buy it bike unseen. Therefore at the price range that they were selling at, people would want to see and view the bikes first.

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:51 pm

What lowlifes the scammer/scammers are. It's not enough to damage the reputation of BNA, it/she/he/they also have to waste Christopher's time responding to emails from irate genuine sellers through not fault of his own.

Perhaps we need to package all this up and send it to consumer affairs/fair trading?
<removed by request>

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:44 pm

I never trusted Christopher anyway so I don't think any less of him now. Low life moderator scum.

Can I have my BNA sticker now?
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:25 pm

Gumtree in the news, but it appears to be a different low-life. Does make you wonder about the wisdom of anonymous sellers etc

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/cons ... 2qk7m.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anything you can do, I can do slower