[VIC] BNA social ride - Sunday 9th November

m@

[VIC] BNA social ride - Sunday 9th November

Postby m@ » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 pm

Yep, it's a BNA social ride! There will be coffee, stickers and perhaps a hill smash-fest... wear your BNA kit if you have one! :mrgreen:

For anyone who missed the earlier thread, or is looking for times and locations - read on!
There is some parking at the top of Fairfield Park Drive, just off Heidelberg Road. From memory it is a 4 hour zone - but not sure whether this applies on the weekend, or how busy it is with kayakers etc. on a Saturday morning. Dennis railway station is fairly close, and of course we will pass by Rushall station on the way through.

The fine print: this is not an official Bicycles Network Australia organised event, this is a social ride on open, public streets and shared paths. As a social ride, there is no formal registration, there is no cost and no public liability or personal insurance is provided. All riders take part at their own risk. Riders who chose to join the social ride agree to follow all road rules and council by-laws. Bicycles Network Australia does not make any guarantee nor take any responsibility for your safety or the actions of other riders or members of the public. It is recommended that you organise your own insurance if you have any concerns about riding a bicycle on public roads and paths.

The invitation is extended to, but not limited to members of the Bicycles Network Australia - Australian Cycling Forums. Participants need to be competent bike riders and need to exercise courtesy and care while riding for their own safety and safety of other riders.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

m@

Re: [VIC] BNA social ride - Sunday 9th November

Postby m@ » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:00 am

Weather is looking perfect - thunderbirds are go!

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:27 pm

A big thanks to Matt for organizing this today. The numbers were a little down but still a lot of fun.
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

shortass_jr

Postby shortass_jr » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:29 pm

did you find your way home mate? how was the hill haha

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:49 pm

shortass_jr wrote:did you find your way home mate? how was the hill haha
Yeah got a little lost around boathouse rd thinking it was the one up near fairfield park. But once over the eastern freeway I was on track. The hill was actually fairly tame compared to the ones up in the dandenongs so I was ok with that.

We just have to get a few more bods to come with us next time.

Cheers.

Ps will have to go and do the Boule properly next time now I know it a bit better.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:14 pm

:( Sorry I missed it lads. Slept through me alarm :oops: Brain still in night shift mode.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

cyclotaur

Postby cyclotaur » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:18 pm

I've been riding around Melbourne in BNA kit for over a year but have never seen another.
2023 Target: 9.500kms/100,000m
My old blog - A bit of fun :)
"Riding, not racing...completing, not competing"

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:32 pm

cyclotaur wrote:I've been riding around Melbourne in BNA kit for over a year but have never seen another.
You would of seen two today ;-)

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:22 am

I completely missed the turn off to the trails on the way back from the coffee stop, so led RodneyCC and Shortass_jr astray. Sorry folks, especially RodneyCC, considering he parked his car at the top of the pipe bridge hill and we realised only when we were at Johnston Street so he had to do part of the Boulevard.

Hope you found your way to the Richmond Boulevard, Shortass_jr. I was thinking after we parted "I hope I didn't direct him the wrong way too!!!". :P

I would have loved to have done another Kew Boulie ride on the way home, but alas my get home mindset took me the straight short road way.

Great to meet a few of you!

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:05 am

Summernight wrote:I completely missed the turn off to the trails on the way back from the coffee stop, so led RodneyCC and Shortass_jr astray. Sorry folks, especially RodneyCC, considering he parked his car at the top of the pipe bridge hill and we realised only when we were at Johnston Street so he had to do part of the Boulevard.

Hope you found your way to the Richmond Boulevard, Shortass_jr. I was thinking after we parted "I hope I didn't direct him the wrong way too!!!". :P

I would have loved to have done another Kew Boulie ride on the way home, but alas my get home mindset took me the straight short road way.

Great to meet a few of you!
Not a problem at all. Was a nice ride actually besides the bit I stuffed up (and the terrible signage along that stretch). But your directions were spot on.
I'm sure we'll do it all again some time :-)
Cheers Rod.

m@

Postby m@ » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:19 pm

Haha, it was a day for getting lost... ironically the only time I didn't miss a turn was on the pre-meetup ride; a route I've only done once before :lol:

Great to catch up with @rodneycc again, and meet @Shortass_jr and @Summernight :mrgreen:

I still have plenty of stickers - so reckon we'll aim for another meetup, maybe in summer - and perhaps a bit later in the day ;)

gabrielle260

Postby gabrielle260 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:31 pm

No - please do the social part, where we get to chat to each other, early so us parents can be there!
Thanks,
Andrew

thecaptn

Postby thecaptn » Fri May 29, 2015 3:38 pm

Is there going to be another one of these? I missed the last one because of work.

Pete

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Fri May 29, 2015 4:07 pm

Yeah would like to see it being an annual thing. Its a bit cold and wet this time of year but would love to meet up again early/mid Nov.