Christmas Message from BNA

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Christmas Message from BNA

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:37 pm

Dear Members and guests,

On behalf of Bicycles Network Australia, the Australian Cycling Forum, BNA contributors and the forum moderators, I wish you a rewarding Christmas and festive season.

2017 has been a comparatively relaxed year on BNA, the pace of publishing content has been slower while in the cycling forums the discussion seems to be getting better with each year. The moderators have less work dealing with disagreements and this is a real credit to the regular forum members in particular who lead by example in tackling difficult topics with intelligence and class.

Many of the forum members know (or have guessed) that I am now living overseas in Germany - this year I settled back into a long-distance relationship with BNA. A key advantage is better contact with the Europeans bike brands and ability to share with the Australian Audience. On a daily basis I also get to enjoy a nicer environment for cycling where riding a bike is a normal everyday activity.

Special thanks to Michael Bachmann, James Hutschison and David Halfpenny for content contributions on BNA and in the Australian Cycling Forums the moderators mikesbytes, Mulger bill, im_no_pro, Boognoss and new moderatror find_bruce.

In 2018 a few technical goals are planned including a better solution to image hosting and tech upgrades to the main site. In addition some goodies are planned for members within the forums.

If you are able to enjoy more time on the bike during the holiday period, be the one out there with the smile.

Christopher Jones
Bicycles Network Australia
Cycling is in my BNA

MichaelB

Re: Christmas Message from BNA

Postby MichaelB » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:02 am

Frohliche Weinachten Christopher (and family) and to all others.

Stay safe and have a great festive season. Many thanks to Christopher and others for the great opportunities to contribute to BNA.

Roll on 2018 !!

2wheels_mond

Postby 2wheels_mond » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:12 am

Thanks Christopher for all your work keeping the forum going for the many years we've been lucky to have it so far. It is greatly appreciated.

Have a merry Christmas, and safe riding for 2018 (and beyond).

BruceCTG

Postby BruceCTG » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:51 pm

You're very lucky - Germany is probably my favourite country for cycle touring.

Merry Christmas Christopher, and thanks for continuing to improve one of the best cycling websites in Australia!

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:35 am

Merry Christmas to all. The Santa hat on the BNA roadsign is a nice touch
It doesn't get easier, you just get slower

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:41 pm

Merry Christmas and a happy new year everyone. Stay safe and enjoy your time off, if your on holiday
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:10 pm

Merry Christmas to all and hope Santa has brought you many bike goodies (or for the really lucky ones...a whole new bike!).

Good luck to those having a crack at the Rapha challenge too.

Cheers,

Matt