How to set an Avatar

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

How to set an Avatar

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:38 pm

Email me your avatar (image) plus a link to your member account. This means - click on your member name / avatar and copy the URL and include this in the email (e.g. memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=34838)

email to info@bicycles.net.au (subject - forum avatar)

The back-end is a bit tricky, but I have to manually setup the image so that when the site next updates, the new avatar should display with your account.
Cycling is in my BNA

P!N20

Re: How to set an Avatar

Postby P!N20 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:43 am

Is this for everyone, now?

Tequestra

Postby Tequestra » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:54 am

AUbicycles wrote:The back-end is a bit tricky,
I couldn't help it. This thread title spurred me to give it a try the old-fashioned way, and it worked. I can only guess that this might be something to do with pending changes to the forum. I don't mind if the avatar is lost with some upgraded database etc. Just let me know if you want me to get rid of it again and I'll be back by 02:00 GMT this morning and remove the avatar.
Viva le Tour Electrique' !!!

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:25 pm

Tequestra, what will happen is the next time I do a major update then it will disappear because it is saved in the temporary instance and not in the 'master'.

If the server gets a big load, it automatically creates more instances... thic could be explained by said that the site ramps up and would then be powered by two machines, then three. When the power is no longer needed, it goes back down to one.

For the forum, the graphics for example are not permanently stored meaning that they will eventually get removed unless I manually put them in the Master or work out how to make that change to permanently offload them.
Cycling is in my BNA

Tequestra

Postby Tequestra » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:55 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Tequestra, what will happen is the next time I do a major update then it will disappear because it is saved in the temporary instance and not in the 'master'.
Got it. No worries at all, mate. It only takes five minutes to upload it again after the upgrade. Thanks for replying to something I probably needn't have bothered you about, AUbicycles.
Viva le Tour Electrique' !!!

shanewatson_hb

Postby shanewatson_hb » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm

okay, I have sent you by attaching my avatar to your mail id
thank you :)

Ancientflatulence

Postby Ancientflatulence » Tue May 08, 2018 11:18 pm

OK ..... I'll have a go at this