Specialized Web-cast on Saturday May 10

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Specialized Web-cast on Saturday May 10

Postby AUbicycles » Tue May 06, 2014 12:05 pm

Specialized are doing an online web-cast on Saturday called "The Rider-First Revolution". This is the Aussie launch with the US broadcasting on May 9. Not many details though expect to see new gear.

Details and registration (live on Saturday May 10 at 11am AEST)
http://www.specialized.com/au/en-au/new ... news/18583" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cycling is in my BNA

macca33

Re: Specialized Web-cast on Saturday May 10

Postby macca33 » Tue May 06, 2014 2:49 pm

Probably doing my hair that day.....
CAAD10 Berzerker & Focus Mares & Ridley Noah SL

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue May 06, 2014 3:52 pm

I think they made a mistake with the title which should read "The sue first revolution". :lol:

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sat May 10, 2014 11:26 am

Been running for 15 minutes - the webcast was a bit shakey at times (streaming) and just finishing up.

They are introducing the #NewTarmac and thair "rider first' means, in short, changing the characteristics / handing of the bike based on rider size - forces exerted are not consistent. So rather than have different sized bikes throughout the range with the frame scaled up or down (different sizes - size specific) - the concept means that a smaller frame will be built differently -likely frame layout (compositing) and tube shape to manage compliance, stiffness, etc.

The primary example was cornering which the specialized presenter were saying they were having problems with. Quite amusing were the presenter claiming that riders have problems staying on the bike and balancing. This example didn't transfer well it intended to refer to nuances.

Cornering was promoted at the major advantage while the presenters also commented that they are increasing power transfer and compliance in each sized bike.

New Tarmac will also come with rim and disc brakes
Cycling is in my BNA