Sram electronic

Duck!
Expert

Re: Sram electronic

Postby Duck! » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:05 pm

I'm not sure how eTap measures up against EPS for shift speed, but it's definitely slower than Di2, and SRAM readily admit that. The slightly slower shift speed was a conscious decision in order to gain a little bit more battery life, given the individual component batteries don't pack the same charge capacity as the integrated Di2 & EPS systems.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

koshari

Postby koshari » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:10 pm

limetang wrote:
Could someone theoretically 'hack' this system and on the upper slopes on the Ventoux deliberately shift and spoil the race for a favorite in the TDF?
Whilst a "takeover" hack would require a great deal off effort/knowledge a simple jamming of the tech would be relatively trivial if you got close enough with a powerfull enough transmitter.

JohnAng

Postby JohnAng » Thu May 11, 2017 10:06 am

Duck! wrote:I'm not sure how eTap measures up against EPS for shift speed, but it's definitely slower than Di2, and SRAM readily admit that. The slightly slower shift speed was a conscious decision in order to gain a little bit more battery life, given the individual component batteries don't pack the same charge capacity as the integrated Di2 & EPS systems.
I test rode both the etap and di2 version of my bike and really didn't notice the speed difference in shifting.
I also preferred having seperate batteries for each derailleur.
If one was to run low I can swap them around or have a spare in my saddle bag and not worry about it.
Been riding with etap now for a few months and am still loving it.
I don't think I could ever go back to a manual setup