SRAM 1x groupsets - where to buy

joomz

SRAM 1x groupsets - where to buy

Postby joomz » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:19 pm

I can't find 1x sram disc groupsets (probably rival) anywhere - does anyone know where they can be bought? Thinking of buying an adventure frame and building up a bike.
Either that, or perhaps just buying a pre built bike like the Fuji jari,happy to hear opinions on that option too!

mikgit

Re: SRAM 1x groupsets - where to buy

Postby mikgit » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:11 pm

sram have shut down most of the online places to selling their stuff, so it'll be hard to find online.
Fat Chance Yo Eddy 2.2, Intense Sniper XC Pro, Look 675, Cervelo R3, GT Xizang, GT Zaskar, Yeti ARC, DiamondBack Apex

joomz

Postby joomz » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:11 pm

Thanks, thought it must be something like that. So if you can't buy them online, where can you buy them? Can LBS get them through distributors or something?

RonK

Postby RonK » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:59 pm

You can buy online from quite a few sites, mainly in the US. It seems most of the UK and Euro sites have been banned from selling Sram into Oz.

I'm not going to mention them here by name as I suspect the walls have ears, but if you can't find what you want pm me and I'll offer some suggestions.

It's unlikely you'll be able to buy as a groupset, you'll have pick out the individual components you need. That is what I did when I built my Salsa Fargo.

Best to visit the Sram web site first to work out what goes with what and put together a list of what you want.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

Duck!
Expert

Postby Duck! » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:25 am

joomz wrote:Can LBS get them through distributors or something?
Yes. Seems an alien concept to most here, but there is still a local bike industry here....
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

max_torq

Postby max_torq » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:38 pm

The 11 speed derailleurs are getting difficult to find... are they being discontinued for 12 speed already perhaps?