What part is this on the Dura Ace Rear Derailleur...

readyfe

What part is this on the Dura Ace Rear Derailleur...

Postby readyfe » Mon May 16, 2016 3:27 pm

Hi All,

Hope you can help. Recently had a fall on a wet cycleway and just noticed this piece was missing. I've been back to the scene but nowhere to be found. If anyone can assist with what it is called it would be really appreciated.

It's from the 11 speed Dura Ace rear derailleur.

zero

Re: What part is this on the Dura Ace Rear Derailleur...

Postby zero » Mon May 16, 2016 3:42 pm

The arrow points to the hanger bolt, which I find odd to be a "missing" part. If the derailleur is bolted onto the bike and continues to sit where it is supposed to, its still there, if the derailleur is dragging along the ground by the shift cable, then its missing. Its kind of an all-or-nothing deal.

The most common damage to that area of a bike when you fall is bending (or breaking) the hanger that that the bolt is bolted onto, which is designed to do that to reduce the chances of your frame being bent, and that may need straightening or replacement.

readyfe

Postby readyfe » Mon May 16, 2016 4:22 pm

Thank you, I'll take a photo tonight when I'm home.. It may be the outter part, like the washer around that bit. Sorry, my arrow may have gone in too far (thought they were all one part).

I'm learning as I go, the rear derailleur I shall soon be an expert on I'm sure :)

readyfe

Postby readyfe » Mon May 16, 2016 4:27 pm

I found this online, I'll take a closer look and confirm which part it is. From there I should easily be able to source the part.

Thanks for your help.