campagnolo chainrings

hauki

campagnolo chainrings

Postby hauki » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:29 pm

I'm confused about different campagnolo chainrings. I have a second hand bike which has campagnolo ultra torque compact carbon cranks and chainrings with text 11 speed only esp actuation system.

I wanted to replace bigger chainring and bought 11 speed super record evo chainring.

I tried to install it and noticed that new chainring has 8 mm holes while old one has 10 mm. That is why bolts wont seat properly.

Now i'm quite confused about different versions of 11s chainrings and what to do next. I read from somewhere that I could just buy new bolt set and be ok. However I'm not sure which is correct bolt set.

Hopefully somebody could give good tips for me.

kman

Re: campagnolo chainrings

Postby kman » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:52 pm

Hi Hauki,

From my understanding, officially you cant just switch from compact to standard by replacing chainrings due to bolt diameter. You will need a whole new crankset. There might be some after market bolt adapters but I'm not sure.

The latest campagnolo cranks (2015) however supports this feature. They look different too.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/06/ ... ets_332989" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hauki

Re: campagnolo chainrings

Postby hauki » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi,

All chanrings have been compact. So I was replacing 50T chainring.

Problem is that my original 11 speed 50T chainring has 10mm bolt holes and new 11 speed chainring has 8mm bolt holes.

BCD is fine, holes align perfectly.