2015 Campy Record Groupset - query

marckietan

2015 Campy Record Groupset - query

Postby marckietan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:25 pm

hi BMers,

A quick question and I hope this is not being rude as I am genuinely seeking an opinion? I actually posted in the general session but realise i should have posted here.

I have bought a bike with a 2015 Campy Record Groupset:
It looks stunning except that I use Shimano at the moment and would like to stay on it. At the risk of starting a religious discussion:

- should i stay on the 2015 Campy Record? How does it run? Parts do seem expensive but that 4 bolt carbon crank is a thing of beauty!
- if I do sell it, is there a ready market for it? How much would a full 2015 Campy Record group set go for (roughly - and a range would be great). They seem to retail for about 2230 at Bikebug.

As you can tell, I am tempted to keep it but if I could get a decent amount for it, I would probably prefer to sell it. Condition is excellent. the Crankset is essentially brand new as the previous owner used SRM.

thanks!

piledhigher

Re: 2015 Campy Record Groupset - query

Postby piledhigher » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:36 pm

marckietan wrote:hi BMers,

A quick question and I hope this is not being rude as I am genuinely seeking an opinion? I actually posted in the general session but realise i should have posted here.

I have bought a bike with a 2015 Campy Record Groupset:
It looks stunning except that I use Shimano at the moment and would like to stay on it. At the risk of starting a religious discussion:

- should i stay on the 2015 Campy Record? How does it run? Parts do seem expensive but that 4 bolt carbon crank is a thing of beauty!
- if I do sell it, is there a ready market for it? How much would a full 2015 Campy Record group set go for (roughly - and a range would be great). They seem to retail for about 2230 at Bikebug.

As you can tell, I am tempted to keep it but if I could get a decent amount for it, I would probably prefer to sell it. Condition is excellent. the Crankset is essentially brand new as the previous owner used SRM.

thanks!
Rubbish, for just $100 I'll dispose of it for you.

marckietan

Postby marckietan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:37 pm

Phew. thanks mate....

Jesmol

Postby Jesmol » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:48 pm

I would say give it a go, I really miss my campy setup off my old bike, I'd prefer to ride campy over Shimano Di2