Bianchi Sempre vs Infinitio

Krank

Bianchi Sempre vs Infinitio

Postby Krank » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:01 pm

Your thoughts on which bike is preferred for rides between 40 - 100km?

I ride with a mate who has just lashed out on a $20k bike, and I want some chance of keeping up.

I also want a stiff BB/frame, as i hate flex when powering throught the crank.

I know that the Sempre is designed fro racing and the Infintio is designed for endurance.

Infinito is from their coast to coast range which means it is more comfy. What I don't know is how much racing speed/agility is sacrificed for this?

Sempre is from their born for performance range and is aimed to be agile and fast. What I don't know is how much comfort is sacrificed?

Thoughts??

Krank

mrs slocombe's pussy

Re: Bianchi Sempre vs Infinitio

Postby mrs slocombe's pussy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:59 pm

sounds like u all the relevant information that you need to make a decision.

go for the endurance one......it'll be marginally more comfy and in reality won't make u any slower for the type of riding u plan on doing.

i'm sure the BB are plenty stiff enough on both bikes.

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:18 pm

If your aim is just general riding go for the Infintio .........if on the other hand you have serious thoughts about getting involved in Criterium racing at some stage in the near future, then the Sempre would be a better choice.

rogergurr

Postby rogergurr » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:16 am

Agree with the Infinitio, for the endurance factor. You'll appreciate it more as you get tempted by the longer distances.
As for your $20k mate, let him do whatever ... its the riding, not the spending that gives the pleasure :D

Krank

Postby Krank » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:40 am

Interestign replies, thank you.

What is it about the infinitio frames that are different in terms of manufacturing (and not geomtery)?

Krank

bianchi928

Postby bianchi928 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:11 am

I have a Bianchi Mono Q which is similar to the Sempre. Very comfy ride.
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

Daccordi Rider

Postby Daccordi Rider » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:54 pm

I'd go the other way, 40-100km is not really that far so the Sempre for the responsivness. I ride an aggresive race geometry frame, super stiff, and have put in over 200km at a time with no probs apart from being stuffed, but each to their own. As long as you are friends with your saddle you will be fine.
Certified Brand Snob

Krank

Postby Krank » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Thanks guys.

I love my saddle (Brooks) and my bum loves it too!

What about that BB30 on the Sempre? I hear it creaks and moans and is a pain sometimes?

Daccordi Rider - do you feel the road alot more with the stiff frame?

I am seriously thinking of lashing out on the 2013 Sempre frame with full-on top notch Campag gear (and a brooks seat) :-)

Colour scheme recommended - Carbon/Gloss Matt or Celeste Carbon ?

Krank

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:41 pm

THIS ONE I like but then I'm partial to bike color designs that incorporate yellow. :D

Hoods need changing to black, but the price is certainly good.

Krank

Postby Krank » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:11 am

Others?

Sempre vs the Infinitio?

Krank

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:21 am

I've got the Infinito and I'm really happy with it. Have Chorus gear on it and have had it for about 2 years. I would be buying the Sempre from Wiggle if i was buying today. The frame was $3K and the groupset $1200.

I would be getting the Sempre, replacing the groupset, wheels etc, selling them here and ending up with what i want for about $3K

Graham

Daccordi Rider

Postby Daccordi Rider » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:00 pm

There is certainly a bit more feedback and responsiveness but that is a good thing in my opinion.
Certified Brand Snob

Krank

Postby Krank » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Daccordi Rider wrote:There is certainly a bit more feedback and responsiveness but that is a good thing in my opinion.
good point Daccordi!

What about the external cables that is on the Sampre - PIA and less aerodynamic??

Krank

Phil

Postby Phil » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:53 am

Done a bit of research on this myself as I have been off the uprightbikes for eight months, and doing physio/pilates in that time. I have narrowed my choice down to the Infinito with HED Ardennes (23mm wide rims) and Campy Record - buying the frame locally (local warranty is nice - and I can like with paying $300 more for that) and the wheels (HED distributor seems pretty reasonable on pricing), and the Gruppo through Ribble.

The Infinito is as Endurance frame - it has a taller headtube, and a smidge longer chainstays, slacker tube angles v the Sempre. That said a very confidence inspiring bike to ride, it is Bianchi second top quality of frame (Oltre is Top). It also has Kevlar inserts in the stays and forks, plus shaping for better shock absorption. It works - I wil be riding mine on chipseal roads plus the Shared Paths. You certainly won't lose out on performance, plus you don't have to run stupid amounts of spacers for comfort, if you plan on doing Crits go the Sempre - otherwise for recreational riding the Infinito is a far more liveable proposition.

Oh and Celeste - has to be Celeste.....

Daccordi Rider

Postby Daccordi Rider » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:41 am

Krank wrote:
Daccordi Rider wrote:There is certainly a bit more feedback and responsiveness but that is a good thing in my opinion.
good point Daccordi!

What about the external cables that is on the Sampre - PIA and less aerodynamic??

Krank
Aero comes from a good low position. Never had internal cables so can't comment on that part. A Bianchi must be Celeste. Good luck With your selection Krank.
Certified Brand Snob

Krank

Postby Krank » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:52 am

thanks boys.

krank

usernameforme

Postby usernameforme » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Krank wrote: I ride with a mate who has just lashed out on a $20k bike, and I want some chance of keeping up.
Spend the money on a coach and/or training equipment... A new bike isn't going to make you faster. Don't buy upgrades ride up grades... that said if a new bike will motivate you to train more and you've got the cash... why not :wink: The engine makes the biggest difference here... that and placebo :lol:
Krank wrote: I also want a stiff BB/frame, as i hate flex when powering throught the crank.
How much power do you generate? I don't know too many people who can complain about this...
Krank wrote: Infinito is from their coast to coast range which means it is more comfy. What I don't know is how much racing speed/agility is sacrificed for this?

Sempre is from their born for performance range and is aimed to be agile and fast. What I don't know is how much comfort is sacrificed?
I'd be more worried about how the geometry fits you. Depending on your body proportions one model could fit you better than another. From the reviews I've read, it seems that the Sempre is really an "always" bike, not the stiffest nor the most comfortable, but it finds a nice middle ground. It seems to be an "all things to all people" bike. Its more of an all-rounder, not the out and out racer you've described it as. Having not had any personal experience and basing this on what I have read, take this as a grain of salt.

Phil

Postby Phil » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Started getting the kms up on the roadbike, riding it every second day , to give the shoulders some rest.

Very impressed with this frame, very stiff and transmits power really well - best climber for me so far. HED Ardennes wheels as very nice as well. The Super Record is of course simply awesome, and better than any other groupset I have used - though to be fair only 105, Ultegra, Force and Rival, so definately another league.

Looks a bit ugly with the Dinottes and the Huge saddle bag, but practicallity has to step in sometime.

Krank

Postby Krank » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:14 pm

good one Phil.

are your front forks full carbon?

Waht price did you pay for the frame istelf and why no celeste?

Krank

Phil

Postby Phil » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:12 pm

Krank wrote:good one Phil.

are your front forks full carbon?

Waht price did you pay for the frame istelf and why no celeste?

Krank
My wife said that if I wanted Celeste she would make me wear matching Lycra - Everywhere. Too much to deal with.

I had ordered Celeste, but the LBA owner liked the White so got both in, and I liked the white better.

Krank

Postby Krank » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:00 am

Thanks Phil.

Are your front forks full carbon?

What price did you pay for the frame itself?

Krank

michaelkn

Postby michaelkn » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:31 am

Krank wrote:Your thoughts on which bike is preferred for rides between 40 - 100km?
I ride with a mate who has just lashed out on a $20k bike, and I want some chance of keeping up.
20K? Dood - you can get a Ducati (the other Bologna factory across the street) 1198S superbike with that money! You can run circles around him!

I just bought an Infinito myself and loving it. My next Bianchi will definitely be a Sempre Pro (waiting for the matt black + celeste Bianchi brand name). Dreaming of the Oltre but reality is another thing... Actually could be your choice if it's a pissing contest with your 20k mate.