Bianchi Impulso Weights?

kenwstr

Bianchi Impulso Weights?

Postby kenwstr » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:10 pm

Anyone got reasonably accurate weights for any of the various Bianchi Impulso models in small sizes?
All I have turned up so far is various and conflicting vague statements.

Ta,
Ken

celeste boy

Re: Bianchi Impulso Weights?

Postby celeste boy » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:00 am

I will do an more accurate weigh-in next week but mine (59cm) was about 9kg with all my stuff on it-lights, tool bag etc. great bike though.

CB

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:52 am

Just did a weigh in and I used a suitcase weighing device. Not the most accurate but pretty close.
Took the lights, wheels and toolkit off so weight of bike =

fame + forks + (Chorus groupset - cassette) +seat + plastic add-ons for lights, speedo etc. = 5kg

attached wheels Easton (claimed weight = 1.55 kg) and including tyres, tubes and skewers = 7kg.

I have an Infinito as well and the weight difference is negligible. Put a full drink bottle on (or 2) and the weight issue is irrelevant.

CB

kenwstr

Postby kenwstr » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:38 pm

Ta for that celeste boy, I hope to pick up a size 53 soon.

Ken

kenwstr

Postby kenwstr » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:09 pm

Well I bought a Bianchi Impulso Ultegra. Just under 9Kg supplied and just over with peddles, bottle holders etc. I've done around 250 km on it now including the B2B and pretty happy with it. I did have to tweak both derailleur adjustment a little from the shop setup. Some things seem OK on a stand but only show up on a ride. I am impressed with how smooth the ride is even on pretty rough section. The 6800 shifting is really slick, noticeable smoother and easier to operate than my mates slightly older Ultegra shifting. You can down shift 2 cogs at a time which can be handy. The bike is starting to loosen up pretty well now. I guess that like most new bikes, tyres may not be what you want and I thought that would be the case here where we get a lot of catheads. However I didn’t get any punctures even without running any protection though I have install resistant tubes now. It rolls pretty well, got to 70.3 kmph on the Newbridge decent before I chickened out with a little braking. New and unfamiliar bike and all but that’s practically the same as my 1972 16 kg steel bike. Interesting isn’t it? However the new one defiantly goes up hill better and is almost 10% faster overall which is identical to the result I got when I borrowed my mates TCR. So I think it’s all good so far.

Regards,
Ken