Bianchi Fork Recall

celeste boy

Bianchi Fork Recall

Postby celeste boy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:14 pm

Bianchi Fork Recall

(also posted in Recalls)

I noticed a recall on Bianchi carbon forks on the Bianchi international site. Should I be concerned about this?
The recommendation is to dismantle the front forks and inspect the 'neck' of the forks. This applies to bikes that have a spacer on top which is longer than 5mm.
I only saw this as a result of looking at the Bowral Classic site of which Bianchi is a sponsor.
CB

martin_12

Re: Bianchi Fork Recall

Postby martin_12 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:56 am

Thanks for posting this.

broken link removed

My Intenso has too many spacers above the stem, so I am going to get the steerer checked and cut.

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Checked mine today. Not a mark on it!
I saw that my fork has a compression plug that is set well into the top of the forks and should not be a problem. I noticed that my manual Big Blue Book insists that column goes through the stem and to use a spacer. Bianchi is concerned with any spacer over 5mm. That's pretty small.
Cb

martin_12

Postby martin_12 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:52 am

Another Bianchi fork recall: ACCC announcement dated 22/8/2017.

This one advises that "Consumers should stop using the bicycle immediately and return it to the place of purchase to arrange a replacement fork to be fitted."

The original Bianchi recall dated 27/7/2017 advises that " replacement forks will begin to become available in limited quantities by the end of August 2017 and we anticipate that the full quantity identified in our voluntary recall can be provided by the end of September 2017".

According to Bike Radar: "Bianchi UK's Andrew Griffin has confirmed that although two forks are known to have failed in a manner deemed unacceptable, both had suffered impacts and there have been no spontaneous failures (i.e. 'just-riding-along')".
Last edited by AUbicycles on Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken link removed