Page 2 of 3

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:00 pm
by MichaelB
Farsports wrote:


The 38mm deep with 23mm width are available. The size is 572mm(ERD),weight is 430g+/-10g/Piece. But the brake surface is not basalt. It is high-temperature resisting brake surface.

.


Still not on the web page under rims.

Also, slight spelling mistake on the Accessories tab. I was wondering what "Steam" was, and had a laugh when some 'stems' popped up :lol:

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:17 pm
by Farsports
MichaelB wrote:
Farsports wrote:


The 38mm deep with 23mm width are available. The size is 572mm(ERD),weight is 430g+/-10g/Piece. But the brake surface is not basalt. It is high-temperature resisting brake surface.

.


Still not on the web page under rims.

Also, slight spelling mistake on the Accessories tab. I was wondering what "Steam" was, and had a laugh when some 'stems' popped up :lol:



Hi, This is Smart again. Sorry for the delay following.

The web keepers are busy updating this web this days. Thank you for your suggestion, I have asked the guys correct yesterday. Thank you again.
When you view the shipping web,please help me leave a message of "SMART". Cheers.... :)

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:24 pm
by Farsports
Here is Smart again. Merry Christmas!! Is there any questions this days? I am pleasure to help people slove some problem. I'll be here at this time normaly... :P

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:02 am
by Arlberg
Hi Smart,

Any news yet on when the FSC50-CA will be available to buy?

Also, are Farsports planning on producing the newer and slightly wider wheels with the proven more aero rounded 'lightbulb shape' cross section rather than the 'V shape' cross section? (as now being produced by ZIPP and ENVE). If you are, when will they be ready to buy?

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:36 am
by doomith
Smart has left us :'(

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:00 pm
by Farsports
doomith wrote:Smart has left us :'(

Hello. Smart is coming back. Please accept my sincerely apology for my delaying following.
Because of the 2013 new year holiday and those days are busying to have the meeting for 2013 plan when I come back office from the holiday. Sorry!!! :(
From now, I will follow you timely!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!
Please accept my sincerely apologies again!!
Smart

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:12 pm
by Farsports
Arlberg wrote:Hi Smart,

Any news yet on when the FSC50-CA will be available to buy?

Also, are Farsports planning on producing the newer and slightly wider wheels with the proven more aero rounded 'lightbulb shape' cross section rather than the 'V shape' cross section? (as now being produced by ZIPP and ENVE). If you are, when will they be ready to buy?


Hello. Smart is here now! Sorry for my delaying answer! Please accept my apologies for this delay!! :(

As for the FSC50-CA(carbon wheels with alloy brake surface)are available now. But the shape is not same as FSC38-CA. I'd like sent you some photos to reference.

A good news! Till now,we have some new mould wider wheels. The wide is 25mm with 50mm deep.The weight is only 480g+/-15g/Piece for clincher versions.
How can I show them to you? :)

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:59 pm
by MichaelB
Farsports wrote:A good news! Till now,we have some new mould wider wheels. The wide is 25mm with 50mm deep.The weight is only 480g+/-15g/Piece for clincher versions.
How can I show them to you? :)


Please do, and the 38mm deep wide ones as well.

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:04 pm
by Arlberg
Hello Farsports,

I am very interested in your new 50mm deep carbon wheels FSC50-CA with alloy braking surface. Can you post some good photos here showing them, especially close-ups of the new shape of the rim? Is it a toroidal (lightbulb) type design (similar to a ZIPP Firecrest) rather than a V shape?

Also what is the weight of this new clincher FSC50-CA wheelset with each different hub option?

I cant see these new wheels on your website www.wheelsfar.com yet.

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:30 am
by Crawf
Arlberg wrote:Hello Farsports,

I am very interested in your new 50mm deep carbon wheels FSC50-CA with alloy braking surface. Can you post some good photos here showing them, especially close-ups of the new shape of the rim? Is it a toroidal (lightbulb) type design (similar to a ZIPP Firecrest) rather than a V shape?

Also what is the weight of this new clincher FSC50-CA wheelset with each different hub option?

I cant see these new wheels on your website http://www.wheelsfar.com yet.


+1

What is the rim weight alone for your carbon/alloy rim FSC50-CA?
Are custom drillings available on this rim?

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:03 pm
by Farsports
Arlberg wrote:Hello Farsports,

I am very interested in your new 50mm deep carbon wheels FSC50-CA with alloy braking surface. Can you post some good photos here showing them, especially close-ups of the new shape of the rim? Is it a toroidal (lightbulb) type design (similar to a ZIPP Firecrest) rather than a V shape?

Also what is the weight of this new clincher FSC50-CA wheelset with each different hub option?

I cant see these new wheels on your website http://www.wheelsfar.com yet.


Hello,

This is Smart here.. Thank you for your interested in FSC50-CA with alloy braking surface..
Yes, this whels are toroidal type design.I will try to show some photos here today.

The weight is 1450g(+/-30g) for FSC50-CA with EDhubs. Other hubs is more about 50-60g/set.
Because this is new products, we have not displaied on www.wheelsfar.com. But I will show it on today. When you browse it,would you please leave "SMART"so I can check it..
Thank you very much!!

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:05 pm
by Farsports
Crawf wrote:
Arlberg wrote:Hello Farsports,

I am very interested in your new 50mm deep carbon wheels FSC50-CA with alloy braking surface. Can you post some good photos here showing them, especially close-ups of the new shape of the rim? Is it a toroidal (lightbulb) type design (similar to a ZIPP Firecrest) rather than a V shape?

Also what is the weight of this new clincher FSC50-CA wheelset with each different hub option?

I cant see these new wheels on your website http://www.wheelsfar.com yet.


+1

What is the rim weight alone for your carbon/alloy rim FSC50-CA?
Are custom drillings available on this rim?


Hello,
Smart is speaking to answer you question. THANK YOU!!
The Rim weight of FSC50-CA is 500g+/-10g/Piece..
Yes, custom drillings are available.But delivery time is longer(about 20-25days).
Thank you very much!

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:12 pm
by Farsports
MichaelB wrote:
Farsports wrote:A good news! Till now,we have some new mould wider wheels. The wide is 25mm with 50mm deep.The weight is only 480g+/-15g/Piece for clincher versions.
How can I show them to you? :)


Please do, and the 38mm deep wide ones as well.


Hello. Smart is here...
We are sorry we have only 50mm deep with 25mm wide now.
For 38mm deep, we have 23mm wide,but it is V shape. Are you interested in this model?
Thank you very much!!

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:35 pm
by Arlberg
Hi Smart, Can you please post the photos of the new FSC50-CA wheels with the Toroidal type design, or put them on your website wheelsfar.com? If these wheels are good, and a similar shape to say, the ZIPP Firecrest 303 and 404 clinchers, you are going to sell a LOT, because a wider rim with a toroidal design is what a lot of people who cannot afford $2500 for ZIPPS have been waiting a long time for.

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:04 pm
by Farsports
Arlberg wrote:Hi Smart, Can you please post the photos of the new FSC50-CA wheels with the Toroidal type design, or put them on your website wheelsfar.com? If these wheels are good, and a similar shape to say, the ZIPP Firecrest 303 and 404 clinchers, you are going to sell a LOT, because a wider rim with a toroidal design is what a lot of people who cannot afford $2500 for ZIPPS have been waiting a long time for.


Hello Philip,

This is Smart. Good afternoon. How are you?

I have sent the photos of FSC50-CA wheels and drawings to you.
Please check it kindly.

Thanks&Best Regards,

Smart

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:16 pm
by winstonw
Hi Smart, can I see the pics too please.

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:32 pm
by Farsports
winstonw wrote:Hi Smart, can I see the pics too please.



Hi,

Thank you for your interested in this wheels.

I am glad to share the photos with you.How can I sent the photos to you? By email?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Smart

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:29 am
by winstonw
Farsports wrote:
winstonw wrote:Hi Smart, can I see the pics too please.



Hi,

Thank you for your interested in this wheels.

I am glad to share the photos with you.How can I sent the photos to you? By email?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Smart


Yes, you already have my email ;)

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:25 pm
by Farsports
winstonw wrote:
Farsports wrote:
winstonw wrote:Hi Smart, can I see the pics too please.



Hi,

Thank you for your interested in this wheels.

I am glad to share the photos with you.How can I sent the photos to you? By email?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Smart


Yes, you already have my email ;)



Hi,

Good morning, hoping you are going well.

Would you tell me your name? So I can check it. I am really sorry I don't know you from your name on the forum. Sorry!! :cry:

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:13 pm
by Arlberg
I have received the photos and the diagrams/specs for these new wheels from Smart. They look fantastic, the cross section of the toroidal design is very similar to the ZIPPs, and the wheels are slightly lighter too, even with the aluminium braking surface. The aero is 50mm high, which sits right between the ZIPP 303 (45mm, and in my opinion not quite high enough for good aero) and the ZIPP 404 (58mm and possibly too high to handle crosswinds). I think these wheels are going to be a big seller, as many people have been waiting for this design and are unable or unwilling to part with $2100+ for a set of ZIPPs. The aluminium brake surface is handy too, no need to change the pads over all the time and better wet weather braking too. Having an aluminium brake surface does add a bit of rim weight, but these wheels are still overall lighter than the ZIPPs.

I would post the photos on here if I knew how to do it....

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:40 am
by Mulger bill
Arlberg wrote:I would post the photos on here if I knew how to do it....

HERE you go. :)

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:33 pm
by winstonw
Here you go.....
I must say they look brilliant.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:27 pm
by Farsports
winstonw wrote:Here you go.....
I must say they look brilliant.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image



Hi,

Thank you very much to put the photos on it. THANK YOU!!

Cheers,
Smart

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:43 pm
by darkelf921
Well, I've taken the plunge and ordered a set. I'm a bit nervous about having ordered them from overseas and whether I've got the right hubs etc but I guess I'll see soon enough :-)

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:41 pm
by Crawf
darkelf921 wrote:Well, I've taken the plunge and ordered a set. I'm a bit nervous about having ordered them from overseas and whether I've got the right hubs etc but I guess I'll see soon enough :-)


Please post up weights when you can.