Champion System SRAM Australian National Cyclocross Series

alchemist

Champion System SRAM Australian National Cyclocross Series

Postby alchemist » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:45 am

Just in case you missed the action from the first 4 rounds

Entries to the final two rounds in Sydney are still open here for the Elite races, and entries for the support events will open this week.

thecaptn

Re: Champion System SRAM Australian National Cyclocross Seri

Postby thecaptn » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:23 pm

Awesome! How much fun does that look?

And I've got a cow bell, yeah! :D

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:59 pm

Geez that looks like some good size fields and a nice course! .
If I ever come back I will not go without :-) .

alchemist

Postby alchemist » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:49 am

50 to 70 in the 'elite' blokes, and very classy up the front with the best local based MTBikers (and the odd roadie) giving it a crack.

grasshopper

Postby grasshopper » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:21 pm

Best fun you can have on a bike. :D

thecaptn

Postby thecaptn » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:15 am

I hope some meetings can be scheduled for regional parts of the country in future to cater for us bumpkins.

alchemist

Postby alchemist » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:30 pm

The great thing about CX is you can hold it anywhere. Not often we get to race in the big smoke.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:42 pm

Yes they let us race in the big city parks here... We never race the same course more than once year so it doesn't really do much damage to the grass ( which if I am lucky is frozen... Soggy ground kills the big guys ! )... A bumpy paddock and some bunting tape and you are away!

alchemist

Postby alchemist » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:26 am

Entries for the elite race have closed but you can still enter the support races. Pre-entry is only $15
Riders with a MTBA license or requiring a day license for the events can enter online here

CA & BMXA License holders need to download the manual form here and send it to the email address on the form

All entries go into the draw to win a Focus Mares CX bike (you will need to be at the final presentation on Sunday). We've also got some give aways and prizes from Torq, Continental, MucOff & Magellan.

JustJames

Postby JustJames » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:18 pm

If what I saw today was typical, CX in Aussie has a lo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ng way to to before it is a spectator sport.

I arrived in time to watch whatever race it is that guys do on MTB's. (Bravo to the guy riding a Pugsley!)

45 minutes after that race had finished, the next race hadn't begun yet...and my boredom threshold got the better of me and I left.

On the plus side, the course looked like fun, and will deffinly give CX a bash when I get my bike built up.

Bike geek moment: Spotting a pair of Dugast tyres :mrgreen:
My bike blog. Long on rumination, rambling and opinion. Why let facts ruin everything?

http://pedallingcharm.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grasshopper

Postby grasshopper » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:09 pm

It's a shame you didn't stick around JJ. There was a break after the open race (which is for non cx bikes) - an official practice session for the men's and women's elite races. Smaller crowds than the other national rounds, but well organised at a good venue with tough technical courses.

Mel Anset won the women's both days (go Mel!); Adrian Jackson took round 5 on Saturday and Sid Taberlay (fresh from CrossVegas) round 6 on Sunday, with an awe-inspiring display riding out of the snake pit. :D Lisa Jacobs and Adrian Jackson take the inaugural NCXS titles.

Fantastic job by the organisers, their vollies, all the riders and noise-makers. Nice headstart on the tan lines and definitely the most fun you can have.

alchemist

Postby alchemist » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:42 am

We got bumped a couple of times, apparently some story about a has been was on instead

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/vi ... oss-Series" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;