CX Bike Gallery

macca33
Posts: 1431
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 pm
Location: West Gippy

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby macca33 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:27 am

Whacked Ultegra6800 onto the Mares last night so all my rigs are now 11-spd. Now I'll have to get out and use it!

Image
CAAD10 Berzerker & Focus Mares CX & Jamis Xenith Elite

Image

macca33
Posts: 1431
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 pm
Location: West Gippy

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby macca33 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:33 pm

Did a slightly time poor longer ride this arvo and ventured onto the gravel for the first time....Mares loves it!

Image
CAAD10 Berzerker & Focus Mares CX & Jamis Xenith Elite

Image

danny the boy
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:34 am
Location: Mordialloc

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby danny the boy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:44 am

Finally finished it. This was my first go a bike building, Ive stripped and rebuilt my roadie but never built one from scratch, most of this was spare bits I had lying around collecting dust, if I ride it enough I'll upgrade some stuff down the track. '13 Crux frame, 105 groupset from my old roadie which hadn't been ridden in over a year, picked up FSA canti brakes for $50 the set (not sure if they're any good but will do for now), Aksium wheels which weigh a ton and need to go first.

Image

macca33
Posts: 1431
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 pm
Location: West Gippy

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby macca33 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:12 pm

Nice work Danny - rig looks great!

cheers
CAAD10 Berzerker & Focus Mares CX & Jamis Xenith Elite

Image

User avatar
singlespeedscott
Posts: 5137
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: Elimbah, Queensland

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:20 pm

+1. It's good to see a cx built up with spares. Many seem to forget that these bikes, when used properly, cope a flogging. 105 does the job perfectly. CX is not the place for di2 dura ace or ultegra, unless of course your surname is Nys or Vos. Sure the electric derailleurs shift nicely but they and the levers are not cheap to replace. So too the chainrings, cassette and chain.
Image

User avatar
CXCommuter
Posts: 1867
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:18 pm
Location: Lane Cove NSW

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby CXCommuter » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:24 pm

CXCommuter wrote:Image
It only took 20,000+km but my 2012 TCX finally saw off road action. Did the 40 odd km heritage rail trail loop in the hills of Perth. Had a ball, such that I am building a set of cross specific wheels (Novatec hubs and Kinlin XC279's). Apologies on bike condition it is my wet weather bike now and gets hand me downs (front wheel) and random color hoods due to cheap prices.
All original rival running gear.


Sorry- just a rehashed example of the random handme down CX build- all works perfecty and handles beautifully off road

Would just like lower gearing than 38/27 though (130bcd crankset!!)
Image

Cmm
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:55 pm

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby Cmm » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:00 am

Imagephoto (19) by d2dfitness23, on Flickr

The new cx. as the last few posts its going to use up spare parts laying around :) pics of built version to come

User avatar
mitchy_
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:15 am
Contact:

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby mitchy_ » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:17 am

Cmm wrote:Imagephoto (19) by d2dfitness23, on Flickr

The new cx. as the last few posts its going to use up spare parts laying around :) pics of built version to come


nice frame. do they make them for men? :lol:
Designs by Mitch - drafting specialist.

Cmm
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:55 pm

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby Cmm » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:27 am

Real men ride pink bikes

macca33
Posts: 1431
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 pm
Location: West Gippy

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby macca33 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:03 pm

mitchy_ wrote:
Cmm wrote:Imagephoto (19) by d2dfitness23, on Flickr

The new cx. as the last few posts its going to use up spare parts laying around :) pics of built version to come


nice frame. do they make them for men? :lol:




Hahahaha - the Crux framesets are certainly bright - there is a yellow/pink one too. I reckon they all look grouse - almost as good as an orange/red Focus Mares!!!

Cannot wait to see it built !

cheers
CAAD10 Berzerker & Focus Mares CX & Jamis Xenith Elite

Image

Cmm
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:55 pm

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby Cmm » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:25 pm

Cheers macca its getting 105 5800 and trp spyre disc brakes from my defy as the defy is getting an upgrade :)

User avatar
toolonglegs
Posts: 15451
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby toolonglegs » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:24 am

Looks like I will be looking for a new bike AGAIN!!! ... Something that actually has warranty when you race :-(
Image

dalai47
Posts: 1612
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:28 am
Contact:

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby dalai47 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:12 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Something that actually has warranty when you race :-(


Surely a warranty case if there ever was one!!?? Not covered racing! What do they expect it to be used for?

User avatar
mitchy_
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:15 am
Contact:

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby mitchy_ » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Lapierre?
Designs by Mitch - drafting specialist.

User avatar
toolonglegs
Posts: 15451
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby toolonglegs » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:12 pm

Yeah Lapierre. I will try my luck with warranty... Maybe.

User avatar
cyclotaur
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby cyclotaur » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:45 pm

macca33 wrote:Whacked Ultegra6800 onto the Mares last night so all my rigs are now 11-spd. Now I'll have to get out and use it!

Image

Saw a bike this colour on 1:20 today ...
Here's my blog - A bit of fun :)
"Riding not racing...."

macca33
Posts: 1431
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 pm
Location: West Gippy

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby macca33 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:51 pm

Unfortunately, not I .... in Darwin at present. Must get back to 1:20 soon and try to beat my horrendous time!
CAAD10 Berzerker & Focus Mares CX & Jamis Xenith Elite

Image

dalai47
Posts: 1612
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:28 am
Contact:

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby dalai47 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:04 pm

macca33 wrote:Unfortunately, not I .... in Darwin at present. Must get back to 1:20 soon and try to beat my horrendous time!


Too many great dirt roads in the Dandenongs to waste riding the CX bike up the 1 in20! 8)

User avatar
cyclotaur
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:36 pm

CX Bike Gallery

Postby cyclotaur » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:13 pm

dalai47 wrote:
macca33 wrote:Unfortunately, not I .... in Darwin at present. Must get back to 1:20 soon and try to beat my horrendous time!


Too many great dirt roads in the Dandenongs to waste riding the CX bike up the 1 in20! 8)
True, but I saw it at the bottom, coming down. I often do that on my CX after some dirt road riding. ;)
Here's my blog - A bit of fun :)
"Riding not racing...."

danny the boy
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:34 am
Location: Mordialloc

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby danny the boy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:14 pm

First long ride today, I love this bike, bit heavy but so much fun to be on goat tracks on minute and then bombing down a bitumen descent at 65 km/h. :D

Image

Contemplated sitting down until I noticed a leech hanging off my bike.

Image

A few obstacles, I'd never been down this track and it made it difficult to make out where I was supposed to be going. There is a fork in the track exactly where this tree fell down and took out the signs.

Image

Image

Cmm
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:55 pm

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby Cmm » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:03 am

danny the boy wrote:First long ride today, I love this bike, bit heavy but so much fun to be on goat tracks on minute and then bombing down a bitumen descent at 65 km/h. :D

Image

Contemplated sitting down until I noticed a leech hanging off my bike.

Image

A few obstacles, I'd never been down this track and it made it difficult to make out where I was supposed to be going. There is a fork in the track exactly where this tree fell down and took out the signs.

Image

Image


Looks like you had a blast! Can't wait to get my crux back on the road!

User avatar
mitchy_
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:15 am
Contact:

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby mitchy_ » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:23 pm

carbon wheels arrived... :)

swapped the TCX wheels onto the Threshold (uses a 15mm axle to convert it to QR, so at least i can mix and match wheels if required)

Image

Image
Designs by Mitch - drafting specialist.

Dirty32
Posts: 432
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:54 pm

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby Dirty32 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:44 pm

Hows the weight with the new wheels, Mitchy?

Cmm
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:55 pm

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby Cmm » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:50 pm

mitchy_ wrote:carbon wheels arrived... :)

swapped the TCX wheels onto the Threshold (uses a 15mm axle to convert it to QR, so at least i can mix and match wheels if required)

Image

Image



Perfect match I reckon :)

User avatar
mitchy_
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:15 am
Contact:

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby mitchy_ » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:20 am

Dirty32 wrote:Hows the weight with the new wheels, Mitchy?


new wheels are 1400g on the dot, which should bring it down around the 7.3kg mark... just waiting for some more CX orientated pedals, then i'll get a final weight.

Cmm wrote:Perfect match I reckon :)


yep! both are great bikes.
Designs by Mitch - drafting specialist.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users