where to buy SSCX in Adelaide?

Original offroad cycling

where to buy SSCX in Adelaide?

Postby goudgey » Fri May 16, 2014 10:50 am

Hi there,
I'm looking for a single speed CX to buy in Adelaide but can't find anywhere that stocks one.
Anyone know where I can get one from?
Would consider buying on line or from interstate too...any leads?
Cheers,
Mark
goudgey

by BNA » Fri May 16, 2014 12:44 pm

BNA

Re: where to buy SSCX in Adelaide?

Postby KGB » Fri May 16, 2014 12:44 pm

New? Second hand? Want a whole bike or willing to buy a frame and build it up? (pretty easy if you're going SS)
Did you want proper SS, rear facing dropouts or are you happy to go with standard vertical/semi vertical dropouts and run a chain tensioner (or find the magic gear)?

Lastly: Budget?

Some more info might help people respond. There seems to be a few CX bikes (geared and also SS) popping up on ebay and Gumtree now so keep your eyes peeled if you're happy to go 2nd hand. I just got a Surly Crosscheck 2nd hand and am in the process of building it up.
KGB

Postby barefoot » Fri May 16, 2014 1:18 pm

When I wanted a SSCX to use as a commuter several years ago, the best options I could find were a Bianchi *insert_model_name_here* and an On-One Pompino.

I bought the On-One. They're an online only proposition.

There are lots more others in existence these days, but I'd still reckon a Pompino would have to be on your list.

tim
barefoot

Postby goudgey » Fri May 16, 2014 2:37 pm

Thanks for the response guys. You're right, more info will likely assist...
Ideally I'm after a new bike, although a 2nd hand unit in good condition would certainly be considered.
budget it up to $1000, although if I need to spend a little bit more to get a good bike then I'd do so.
I'm after a bike with horizontal dropouts. Don't want to mess about with chain tensioners and all that guff.
I'd prefer a complete bike. I'm not adverse to building up a bike and have done so in the past, but I don't have any CX components laying around though so a complete bike would be preferred.
Cheers,
Mark
goudgey

Return to Cyclocross