New disc braked steel CX/commuter from Kona

thomashouseman

Re: New disc braked steel CX/commuter from Kona

Postby thomashouseman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:04 pm

Pravda wrote:Has anyone actually had a ride of one of these? I'm seriously considering one but there doesn't seem to be anyone in WA who is stocking them or planning on it.
Good luck!
When I was shopping for a Kona Honky Inc about 8 months ago, not even the distributor knew when stock was coming in, but were able to confirm "Not for a few months". I finally called every retail bike shop listed as a Kona agent and found two in the country. I ended up buying the 2010 model in 2012 because they offered a good deal on it. Since then I've had warranty issues that took several months and countless hours phoning/emailing to sort out: http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 12&t=54924" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

T.

Pravda

Postby Pravda » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Ugh, I've seen them on bikeexchange in Victoria but can't find any mention of them at any of the WA Kona dealers. Will see how it goes I guess. Just for clarity did you get the Kona or Surly?
2014 Canyon Aerode SLX
Puegeot Aneto 105
Kona Jake the Snake CX

Pravda

Postby Pravda » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:24 pm

Nevermind, just read the other thread. I kind of expect a lousy wheelset on a bike worth less than $2k. Your experience sounds truly terrible though.
2014 Canyon Aerode SLX
Puegeot Aneto 105
Kona Jake the Snake CX