Page 2 of 2

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:55 pm
by briztoon
Very nice looking bike.

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:46 pm
by mtbkym01
briztoon wrote:Very nice looking bike.

Thanks, I must admit I like its looks too :wink:

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:52 pm
by rpmspinman
mtbkym01 wrote:Here she is before her maiden ride this morning, just a short 25kms with wifey (she has to work today), very nice to ride, am over the moon with it actually (A massive change to the old Aluminium Trek) :lol:
Image
8)

Noticed you got it from Noel at the Bike Station. The bike looks amazing with those wheels on. Nice pic.

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:31 pm
by backofthebunch
great looking bikes

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:06 pm
by mtbkym01
rpmspinman wrote:
mtbkym01 wrote:Here she is before her maiden ride this morning, just a short 25kms with wifey (she has to work today), very nice to ride, am over the moon with it actually (A massive change to the old Aluminium Trek) :lol:
Image
8)

Noticed you got it from Noel at the Bike Station. The bike looks amazing with those wheels on. Nice pic.

Yep, great shop, extremely happy with the service received from Noel and his crew

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:45 am
by teemgreen
Morning all, First post so go easy. I was lucky enough to win a 2013 Focus Izalco Pro 1.0 a few weeks back. I have come off an Orbea Orca (2012) and they are very different bikes. I will admit it has taken me a few weeks to get used to the change but now I am there is no looking back. Wow what a bike! :D

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:40 pm
by rpmspinman
What did the Quattro's set you back if you dont mind me asking, and how do you find them?

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:17 pm
by briztoon
WOW

The 2014 Focus Izalco Max. Now that is a seriously nice looking "performance" bike.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ook-38103/

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:53 pm
by mtbkym01
rpmspinman wrote:What did the Quattro's set you back if you dont mind me asking, and how do you find them?

PM sent.

I guess it's hard to tell what the wheels are like as I didn't ride the bike without them, but they feel great, roll beautifully and smooth, and look great to boot :wink:

I came from an older Alloy Trek, running Bontrager Race Lite's which have been flawless their entire life, but this bike is chalk and cheese to that one. :lol:

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:54 pm
by mtbkym01
briztoon wrote:WOW

The 2014 Focus Izalco Max. Now that is a seriously nice looking "performance" bike.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ook-38103/

Double WOW 8)

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:14 pm
by mtbkym01
briztoon wrote:WOW

The 2014 Focus Izalco Max. Now that is a seriously nice looking "performance" bike.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ook-38103/

Saw an Izalco Max(prototyoe) in the flesh yesterday at my LBS, amazing rig for sure. :mrgreen:

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:06 pm
by SentryBox
Looking pretty fine.

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:06 pm
by SentryBox
Looking pretty fine.

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:32 am
by Konrado86
Hi
i ride a Pro 2 with Di2 Dura Ace. From jumping from a Giant Defy to this as been the best move i have made.
Recommend everyone gets a Focus really good brand.

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:44 am
by graymond
I just picked up a Izalco Pro 3.0 from my LBS in Brisbane. Maiden ride today after I get a helmet and insurance.

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:56 am
by hugh stone
Picked up a 2013 Izalco Pro 3 at the end of last year which has been a significant step up from the alloy I'd been riding for the last 12 months (which has been relegated to commuting duties). First thing I noticed was how smooth the ride was - initially had to check tyre pressure.

Agree with singlespeedscott about the horizontal top tube - just says race bike all over.

Only reservation I have is the white handlebar tape - looks good until you ride it, but I'll be replacing the now patchy grey bar tape with black shortly (very very minor gripe).

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:32 pm
by singlespeedscott
heuston wrote:Picked up a 2013 Izalco Pro 3 at the end of last year which has been a significant step up from the alloy I'd been riding for the last 12 months (which has been relegated to commuting duties). First thing I noticed was how smooth the ride was - initially had to check tyre pressure.

Agree with singlespeedscott about the horizontal top tube - just says race bike all over.

Only reservation I have is the white handlebar tape - looks good until you ride it, but I'll be replacing the now patchy grey bar tape with black shortly (very very minor gripe).

I've heard that the duckz nutz of white bar tape is the Fizik microtex. I haven't used it myself, I'm more of a shellac coated, cloth handlebar tape sort of bloke myself :lol: , but the reviews are pretty good. Apparently it cleans up pretty easily after it gets grubby.

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:20 am
by hugh stone
Went with the fizik microtex - but while I was considering going white ended up going safe with classic black.

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:12 am
by briztoon
Where in Brisbane sell Focus?

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:20 pm
by edsa
Focus website has a dealer search with maps
http://www.focus-bikes.com/au/en/

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:58 pm
by Dave R32
briztoon wrote:Where in Brisbane sell Focus?


I can recommend Jim (AT) Aspley Bike Shop. Great guy.

Cheers
Dave.

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:06 pm
by wes2412
Have the team - brilliant

Re: New bike Focus Izalco Pro 3

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:29 pm
by NhiTrac
All this Focus talk makes me want another. I'm still on my first roadie which is a 2009 Cayo Ultegra I bought off a forum member here. After a couple of years, lots of ks, she's still going strong and rides beautifully. Can only imagine these newer Focus bikes must be a dream to ride.

Think it's time I enforce the n+1 rule with my other half :lol: