Merida Rode Lite 94 thoughts / input

brett.hooker

Merida Rode Lite 94 thoughts / input

Postby brett.hooker » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:13 am

I am going to get myself a road bike to compliment my shogun metro touring bike.

Shimano 105's seem to be a good balance of quality and price.

My LBS is a Merida dealer and I am looking at the 2012 Ride Lite 94 aluminum.

Anyone got thoughts or experiences with this model?
Loving my Merida's and working towards adding a Pinarello to the stable... Go go go...

colaiacw

Re: Merida Rode Lite 94 thoughts / input

Postby colaiacw » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:00 am

Hi Brett, I have the older 904 HFS model. I have had this for nearly three years now. It has been bullet proof and I have had no issues. I have upgraded the 105 to all Ultegra 6700 components, but this is purely for choice. The 105 group set was used on my older steel bike and is still going strong. The 105 will provide you with more than enough performance.

Merida makes great bikes and this would be a good place to start if you want a decent road bike. I am not sure what wheels come as stock on the model you are looking at, but this would be your first upgrade starting point, it will transform the ride.

I also own a 2011 Scultura EVO 909e and it is awesome. Cheers.
Merida Scultura Evo 909 Full Dura Ace (Weekender) & Merida HFS 904 Com Full Ultegra (Trainer)

When you feel yourself struggling up a hill, just get over it!

DCP

Postby DCP » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:03 am

My wife has the Ride Lite Juliet 94 and she loves it. So much so that she has surprised me with how many k's she has started doing. Can't really comment on how it rides myself, as it is about 11cm's too small for me to ride and I'd feel like I was going to break it. It has a much more relaxed geometry than my Reacto.

Was amazed/annoyed with the LBS when looking at bikes for her. They had a '11 Juliet Evo 904 with full RRP of $2800 some 15 months after it was released. When asked about cutting off a decent amount, we were told outright no. I replied with no worries, leave it there for another 15 months to see if you can con a sucker into paying full RRP for last years bike. Muppets :evil:
2012 Merida Reacto 904

brett.hooker

Postby brett.hooker » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:52 am

Thank you!

I have purchased the Ride 91... For now... ;-) Budget pressures prevailed and the 91 is light years better than the old faithful Shogun I am currently riding... My LBS had a great deal on the 91, so it is now mine...

Just gorgeous to ride. I am very happy... Now to put 4000km on that over the next year and then I have saved my pennies for the Rode Lite 95 that I really want... ;-)
Loving my Merida's and working towards adding a Pinarello to the stable... Go go go...

brett.hooker

Postby brett.hooker » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:25 pm

Still absolutely loving the Ride 91 !!!

Awesome decision to invest in a new ride bike of this quality. I can only imagine how nice the more up-market bikes must be... Something to explore after I wear out the drive-train on this beautiful bike...