Merida Reacto 907e Di2

DW260

Merida Reacto 907e Di2

Postby DW260 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Thought I would help boost the Merida brand along a bit...

Got mine about 3 months ago and am loving it. I've had a frame replaced under warranty, and the BB serviced because of a creak, but apart from that it has been a good journey so far. The warranty claims have been hassle free too. The rep assured me that the visible cracks were most likely in the finish and not the frame. The cracks were situated at the BB behind the seat tube for those interested, but I couldn't be bothered getting pictures. :)

I have probably done close to a 1000km so far and really enjoy riding it. I've noticed a lot of comments about the Reacto series saying they are uncomfortable and are generally only suited to racing, but honestly I've found it to be a very comfortable bike. While the frame is quite "racey", the specially designed aero seat post does a good job making it comfortable on the bum. In terms of speed; on my regular commute I'm about 5kms faster. Might not seem much, but it is to me.

Di2 is pretty cool too. I thought it was a bit of a gimmick, but its pretty cool thing to have. Press and forget, and making adjustments is really easy too. Simply hold the button down and use the shifter to make small alignment adjustments. If anything it's really good for ease of maintenance. Far beyond its mechanical cousins.

Only thing I was not happy with was the gearing. I had compact cranks on my old roadie with a 12-25 cassette on the back, and moving to the taller gearing on the Reacto (53-39 and 11-25) had me cursing it.. But to overcome that I put on a 11-27 cassette, and am really happy with the improvement.

I purchased it from Cycle City, Fyshwick ACT and their service was, and is exceptional. I cannot recommend them highly enough. I also optioned it with Mavic Ksyrium Elites. Purely because the Cosmic rims were too loud for me. :)

As soon as I figure out how to post a picture I will...
Merida 907e Reacto. Fast and comfortable.
Giant XTC 2 29er
Malvern Star Oppy A4