Reacto help needed

TMjpn

Reacto help needed

Postby TMjpn » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi guys, Looking to bump up to a Reacto 907 in the near future.

Was wondering if anyone has some experience with this model? Not fussed with the relation to groupset as I'm going to go for 105 5700 for the role this bike will play.

Is the frame a quality product? I know it has some aero benefit. Compering one to a TCR advanced. I'd also look at scultura's but there are none in budget atm :?

Slvr32gtr

Re: Reacto help needed

Postby Slvr32gtr » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi mate,

Ive got both a Merida Reacto 907 (2012 model) and a Giant TCR Advanced SL Limited (2009 model). Im really impressed with the Merida and use is for most of the crit races I do. The stiffness in the rear of the frame gets the power down nicely. The seatpost seems to do a good job with reducing the harshness of the ride too, as i dont find I have any issues on longer rides. Ive used it for road races as well with no issues at all. I have mine set up with a set of Pro-Lite braccianos now but used to run the Dura Ace C24's so it works as a great bike for climbing as well.

Any specific questions feel free to ask.

TMjpn

Postby TMjpn » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:04 pm

Thanks!

Just wondering how well made does the frame seem? Is it durable? And do you know the size of the fork taper? I've read that it's 1.5" at the bottom - is that true?

My paper wont stretch as far as a TCR Adv-SL, but I see lots of Reacto's just within.. I'd prob just look at a regular TCR Adv or even a Composite if the price is right

The function of the bike is to more or less be my everyday runner with some guts, and if I can match the geometry of my Kuota KOM then thats even better.

Slvr32gtr

Postby Slvr32gtr » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:43 pm

The frames on both the Giant and the Merida are very well made, and both are backed with Lifetime warranties. Both companies are also the largest frame manufacturers in Taiwan and a lot of the other big name brand frames are manufactured by these companies under licence as well.

I cant fault either bike!

I used the Merida in the Lifecycle Classic 80km race on the weekend and it performed very well. Some of the roads were less than perfect but the ride was still comfortable enough even though we were on the rivet the whole time.

A lot of guys I know run the Giant TCR Advanced bikes and they also perform well.

You should be able to get the geometry charts of both bikes off their websites to see how they compare to your Kuota. Best bet would be to go and ride both of them and see how they feel though. Im sure one will stand out more than the other for you as feel is very personal and subjective.

I have all 3 of my race bikes set up with exactly the same geometry so that i can jump between them with no issues.