S5 rear light

S5 rear light

Postby warthog1 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:33 pm

Decided to try a moon comet from Cell bikes as I've never been happy with the fizik clip light I've been using. I can't use the fizik light with a saddle bag attached anyway.

The light is pretty bright and seems user friendly, pretty happy at this stage. :)
warthog1

by BNA » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:56 pm

BNA

Re: S5 rear light

Postby softy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:56 pm

Love my lights,

But the S5 is not light mount friendly, mount my lights on the saddle bag, backpack and helent. Yes three light facing rear!

Motorist apear to be bicycle blind, hopefully multiple flashing lights may catch their eye and make a difference.
softy

Postby Ray1684 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:21 pm

Have you tried the Numen Aero Rear Light which was designed for Giant? they fit well on the aero seatpost/frames.

I have one on my Propel SL, and don't believe there are any brandings on the light itself so it should look great on the S5.
Ray1684

Postby Dr_Mutley » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:30 pm

Ray1684 wrote:Have you tried the Numen Aero Rear Light which was designed for Giant? they fit well on the aero seatpost/frames.

I have one on my Propel SL, and don't believe there are any brandings on the light itself so it should look great on the S5.

I bought one of these just to check it out... Mounts well but I wouldn't use it as a main light... Way too dull to put my life in its hands... Although I home brewed up a secure mount for around the aero seatpost, I know just just a helmet mounted light as my primary light. After trialing the RedZone 8 I don't need anything else except a backup in my pocket in case of failures...
Dr_Mutley

Postby warthog1 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:53 pm

Serfas utl-6 now. Similar brightness to the moon comet, longer run time and hangs on better.

warthog1

Return to Cervélo