Page 1 of 9

cervelo love

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:05 pm
by roller
talk about your love for cervelo bikes in here

Image

She gets the sun in the daytime
A wipe down in the dusk

she was made in heaven
Heaven's in the world
Is this just cervelo love? :mrgreen:

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:22 pm
by Nobody
Now where is Warthog and Dr Mutley...

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:03 am
by warthog1
I gathered you'd be waiting Nobody :lol:.


I'm having all sorts of probs at the moment. My IP address has been permanently banned :?: I can only access if I use my iPhone and turn off the wireless connection due to the IP address ban. On top of that tapatalk has been playing up also.

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:59 pm
by warthog1
roller wrote:

She gets the sun in the daytime
A wipe down in the dusk



How do you find the S1? I haven't ridden one but I've heard they sprint well.

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:01 pm
by warthog1
Image

Image

This allows me to bat higher than my form would suggest :shock: :lol:

Goes really well, as does the tt bike. I miss the regular tt's though :(

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:05 pm
by roller
warthog1 wrote:
roller wrote:

She gets the sun in the daytime
A wipe down in the dusk



How do you find the S1? I haven't ridden one but I've heard they sprint well.


Absolutely love it, such a pleasure to ride.

Would love to get another, for no particular reason, just so I had 2. :mrgreen:

(but if i did get another I guess i'd really like a 2009 R3, they look so nice)

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:04 pm
by Nobody
So you have three Cervelo owners on these forums. Wow, you might actually get up to four by the end of the year. :P

Warthog, you are one of the few people that I've seen that have put enough thought into skewer position to position them facing backwards for less drag. It won't make much difference, but it all adds up. I originally started doing up skewers this way on my MTB so bushes etc wouldn't open them while riding.

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:41 am
by warthog1
Nobody wrote:So you have three Cervelo owners on these forums. Wow, you might actually get up to four by the end of the year. :P

Warthog, you are one of the few people that I've seen that have put enough thought into skewer position to position them facing backwards for less drag. It won't make much difference, but it all adds up. I originally started doing up skewers this way on my MTB so bushes etc wouldn't open them while riding.


If there are only four that is because not many people are discerning. :mrgreen:

Well spotted on the skewer, I am an aero weenie :oops: . The skewer is safer from errant front wheels facing up into the rear triangle but I haven't had a problem with it like that.

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:46 am
by roller


cer-vel-ooooo. . .

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:11 pm
by warthog1
I'm sure it's fast, but even I have to admit, it's been hit with the ugly stick

Image

This looks much better

Image

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:27 pm
by DaveOZ
I'll grab a current photo of my S2 on the weekend. 8)

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:07 pm
by Nobody
Image

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:13 pm
by warthog1
Nobody wrote:Image


:evil: :lol:
Well there is no accounting for taste, or lack thereof :mrgreen:

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:25 am
by drsnoopy
Love my bikes

Image

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:11 am
by ni78ck
another cervelo owner here and proud of my S5!
had my firsy race on her last week and got a podium finish!! :)

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:58 pm
by Dr_Mutley
i will post some pics of my rides soon... just destroyed my pride n joy (2010 S3) when i hit a car the other week... replaced it with an S5 VWD... cant say i love it, but im sure it will grow on me...

Image

Image

Image

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:23 pm
by warthog1
Dr_Mutley wrote:i will post some pics of my rides soon... just destroyed my pride n joy (2010 S3) when i hit a car the other week... replaced it with an S5 VWD... cant say i love it, but im sure it will grow on me...

Image


Nice 8) quarq as well. You can get a smaller top cap than std if you are struggling to get the bars low enough. The S3 looks like it had a bigger drop?
Mine is still a bit higher than the other roadie I have but it's making me change the position of the old bike as it was too low I reckon. :roll: :lol:

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:58 pm
by Dr_Mutley
I swapped the top cap from the S3 (a 8mm FSA cap), with the 18mm that came standard with the S5 which allows me to get a bit lower with the -17 110mm stem. I'll try a veloflyte dust cap if I need to go lower, but your right, with my original S3 setup (-6 deg stem) I was still significantly lower.

The top cap looks a little thicker as I have a 5mm blue bike pure spacer sitting under it currently while I play with the setup

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:24 am
by warthog1
You must be flexible, your seat is a fair bit further back than mine and the handlebars are lower. I've got the seat just legal I think, haven't properly checked it yet, and have a 130mm -10 stem. I swapped the cap out as well.

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:13 pm
by Dr_Mutley
warthog1 wrote:You must be flexible, your seat is a fair bit further back than mine and the handlebars are lower. I've got the seat just legal I think, haven't properly checked it yet, and have a 130mm -10 stem. I swapped the cap out as well.


Funnily enough I haven't been able to touch my toes since I was 10! (39 now) So I'm not flexible at all ;-) I'm 6ft1 and have long legs so hence the high saddle... I just find having the bars up very unfortable on the back and coccyx... Having a low front end allows me to stretch out and rotate my pelvis forward, which ironically is much more comfy than sitting up...

I'll soon drop the last spacer out and settle on that... I just wish 3T would make a -17 deg arx alloy pro stem so I could go the white stripe instead of the red...

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:48 am
by warthog1
Dr_Mutley wrote: I'm 6ft1


Snap....actually I think I'm about a cm shorter than that. Pity I don't live anywhere near you, we could have a ride of each others bikes to check out the diifferent set ups.
I have my seat forward to open up the hip angle and because it mirrors my tt bikes position which is my only meagre strength as far as cycling goes :roll: :lol:

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:38 pm
by asmc
Just posting up my Soloist Carbon after a 400 dollar repair job :x
Image
any tips? :P

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:12 pm
by Dr_Mutley
asmc wrote:Just posting up my Soloist Carbon after a 400 dollar repair job :x

any tips? :P


very speccy.... IMHO the red soloists are by far the best looking Cervelos....

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:27 am
by Chuck
Nice bikes guys 8) Wish I had the budget that some of you have :shock: though I am very happy with my S1 :D

Re: cervelo love

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:48 pm
by ni78ck
Image

steer has since been cut. had bike since May and love it!