wheels mfg bbright adapter

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:21 pm

Has anyone used one of these on their bbright press fit bb cervelo?

I have a set of 177.5 dura ace cranks I would like to try climbing on.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:10 pm

From further research the wheels manufacturing one appears better than the enduro one.

Dr_Mutley

Re: wheels mfg bbright adapter

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:26 am

Sorry mate, I didn't see this thread, but I had all sorts of issues with Enduro adapters, to the point where I would never use any press for adaptor again.., the Wheels however maybe far an above the Enduro version... Conceptually though, as u know. These BB are notorious for being noisey... So I would hate to introduce a whole new interface for noise and movement/wear to emanate from...

Given there is now a rotor BBright/GXP PF BB available, there must be a similar option in line from shimano?

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:28 pm

Here's a thread about my woes....

http://forums.cervelo.com/forums/p/1112 ... aspx#75950" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:42 pm

What u reckon bout this rotor option mate?

http://www.artscyclery.com/Rotor_BBrigh ... BBR24.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:04 am

Thanks for replying mate. I've been busy and not on the forum of late also.
Bloody computer died also so we bit the bullet and got a mac. I've had a gutful of windows over the years :x
I did a bit of research on the enduro adapters and it might have been your thread on the Cervelo forum that turned me off them.
I've got the 177.5 cranks in now using the wheels mfg adapter. All good touch wood.
Not sure about the longer cranks on the roadie. They worked on the tt but not sure on the roadie, I think the legs might fatigue a bit quicker with them. Early days yet though.
That rotor bb looks fantastic. Good way around a terrible (IMO) system. If I persist with the longer cranks or upgrade to shimano 11 sp that will be the way to go. Thanks :)

donncha

Postby donncha » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:47 pm

Dr_Mutley wrote:What u reckon bout this rotor option mate?

http://www.artscyclery.com/Rotor_BBrigh ... BBR24.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have one of those on the way, well the custom GXP version that Rotor USA produce.

Currently have a GXP Quarq installed on my S5 w/ an Enduro adaptor.

The bike goes through phases of creaking, which, given previous reading, I assumed was down to the adaptor. After getting really bad about two weeks ago I finally bit the bullet last week and ordered the Rotor BB from the US.

I've since tightened my pedals (and added a washer which was missing) and almost all the creaking has disappeared :D :D :D

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:49 pm

All good so far with the wheels mfg adapter and DA7800 cranks, the bb has never been quiter :D
Starting to think the Sram s900 cranks were the source of a few intermittent creaks.