S5 seat bag

S5 seat bag

Postby warthog1 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:10 pm

Image

Anyone managed to find a seat bag that works with the S5 aero post?
I bought one with my last order but it is useless due to the lump of the rear seat mount. Too small anyway.
I need one that will fit a tube levers a couple of co2 canisters and maybe a multi tool. Any suggestions?
User avatar
warthog1
 
Posts: 4154
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm

by BNA » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:51 pm

BNA
 

S5 seat bag

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:51 pm

I'm using the clip in fizik ATM, which works well... I've just changed my setup significantly (saddle up 25mm, and forward 50mm), and are running much less setback than u. The fizik saddle bag rests against the rear of the post but causes no issue...


Alternatively, you could modify the seatpost if your confident u will never use the back hole for more setback ie chop it off. Conversely, the new S3 has a nice single position seat post which fits the S5... I've been thinking of swapping myself....



Image

ImageImage
Image
Dr_Mutley
 
Posts: 2456
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:28 pm
Location: Flagstaff Hill, Adelaide SA 5159

Re: S5 seat bag

Postby Nobody » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:34 pm

Another options is a waist or bum bag. Advantages:
- Transferable, so you don't need multiple saddle bags and is therefore cheaper.
- Being attached to you it gets less rattle as you raise you body off the saddle for bigger hits.
- You can put the important things in it that you might usually put in your jersey pockets, so less likely to lose them in a crash.
- Doesn't uglify your bike.
Nobody
 
Posts: 6970
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: S5 seat bag

Postby warthog1 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:16 pm

Dr_Mutley wrote:I'm using the clip in fizik ATM, which works well... I've just changed my setup significantly (saddle up 25mm, and forward 50mm), and are running much less setback than u. The fizik saddle bag rests against the rear of the post but causes no issue...


Alternatively, you could modify the seatpost if your confident u will never use the back hole for more setback ie chop it off. Conversely, the new S3 has a nice single position seat post which fits the S5... I've been thinking of swapping myself....



Image

ImageImage


Bloody hell you have got the seat forward. :8
I've thought about a fizik saddle bag but have heard of a couple breaking and falling off. You lose everything then.
That S3 seat post looks promising thanks.
User avatar
warthog1
 
Posts: 4154
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: S5 seat bag

Postby Dr_Mutley » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:19 pm

Hmmm I might have to tether mine if that's the case... Although mines done about 40000kms and hasn't come off... Unlike the 6 or more scicon ones I used before the fizik which continued to break off n hit the deck...
Image
Dr_Mutley
 
Posts: 2456
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:28 pm
Location: Flagstaff Hill, Adelaide SA 5159

Re: S5 seat bag

Postby warthog1 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:45 pm

Nobody wrote:Another options is a waist or bum bag. Advantages:
- Transferable, so you don't need multiple saddle bags and is therefore cheaper.
- Being attached to you it gets less rattle as you raise you body off the saddle for bigger hits.
- You can put the important things in it that you might usually put in your jersey pockets, so less likely to lose them in a crash.
- Doesn't uglify your bike.


I hadn't thought of that thanks.
I'm thinking it might get a bit sweaty and chafe after a few hours in the saddle though?
User avatar
warthog1
 
Posts: 4154
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: S5 seat bag

Postby Nobody » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:46 pm

warthog1 wrote:I'm thinking it might get a bit sweaty and chafe after a few hours in the saddle though?
Didn't/don't notice a problem with it, even when MTBing at low speeds. Cheap to try anyway.
Nobody
 
Posts: 6970
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: S5 seat bag

Postby warthog1 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Dr_Mutley wrote:... Although mines done about 40000kms and hasn't come off.....


Cant complain about that.
It probably makes it more likely to happen if you load the thing up with a house brick. I've got no idea how much weight they were carrying.
User avatar
warthog1
 
Posts: 4154
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: S5 seat bag

Postby warthog1 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Nobody wrote:
warthog1 wrote:I'm thinking it might get a bit sweaty and chafe after a few hours in the saddle though?
Didn't/don't notice a problem with it, even when MTBing at low speeds. Cheap to try anyway.


No worries, thanks :)
User avatar
warthog1
 
Posts: 4154
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: S5 seat bag

Postby Dr_Mutley » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:40 am

warthog1 wrote:
Dr_Mutley wrote:... Although mines done about 40000kms and hasn't come off.....


Cant complain about that.
It probably makes it more likely to happen if you load the thing up with a house brick. I've got no idea how much weight they were carrying.


I get a latex tube, 2 CO2s, CO2 chuck, 2 levers, a valve extender, plumbers tape, patches, glue, and a small ratchet & bits in mine... So it's quite functional although quite small...
Image
Dr_Mutley
 
Posts: 2456
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:28 pm
Location: Flagstaff Hill, Adelaide SA 5159

Re: S5 seat bag

Postby warthog1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:08 am

Dr_Mutley wrote:
I get a latex tube, 2 CO2s, CO2 chuck, 2 levers, a valve extender, plumbers tape, patches, glue, and a small ratchet & bits in mine... So it's quite functional although quite small...


That's quite a bit of gear thanks :)
User avatar
warthog1
 
Posts: 4154
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: S5 seat bag

Postby warthog1 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:29 pm

Managed to get that Leyzne bag to work

Image

Image

It's a tight fit and it only holds a tube and levers/puncture kit. Better than nothing I s'pose. Would rather it held a bit more gear though.
User avatar
warthog1
 
Posts: 4154
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: S5 seat bag

Postby g-boaf » Sun May 24, 2015 3:41 pm

You could try one of the bags designed for the top tube, commonly used for carrying food/gels and other stuff. That's the only solution for my P5, everything else doesn't quite fit, plus I have a Moon Comet light attached to the saddle rails (ISM Adamo TT). So that kind of bag fits quite well, even if it doesn't look right.
g-boaf
 
Posts: 5509
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: S5 seat bag

Postby warthog1 » Sun May 24, 2015 4:59 pm

Thanks G-B. The seat bag that is on there is doing the job. Spare tube and CO2 cannister + puncture repair kit. It's a squeeze but seems to be hanging in there :)
Have you got a photo of your P5 goer though? It might be an option if I want to carry more in future. The leyzne bag is chockers.

Image
User avatar
warthog1
 
Posts: 4154
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: S5 seat bag

Postby g-boaf » Mon May 25, 2015 8:05 am

I'll get you something this afternoon. But basically, it is the top tube food bag, the bit that normally goes around the steerer tube loops through the saddle rails and the other two velcro straps that normally go around the top tube loop around the seat post, and they are long enough to fit around these Cervelo aero seat posts.

By the look of it, the P5 seat post is even longer than what you have on your S5, so my solution would work for you:

http://xlab-usa.com/rocket-pocket-xl.html

That's what I'm using. These are usually aimed at Triathletes, but they work well to store two tubes, CO2 cannisters, a valve for those and tyre levers. However, it will block your light, so you might need to mount that from the saddle rails (Moon comet comes with a clamp for that).
g-boaf
 
Posts: 5509
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: S5 seat bag

Postby warthog1 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:11 pm

Thanks :) I've still got a moon comet floating around and can prob find the rail mount it came with. Grabbed the serfas as it hangs on to the seat post better.
Do you run the 2 straps around the post and single strap around the rails?
User avatar
warthog1
 
Posts: 4154
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: S5 seat bag

Postby g-boaf » Thu May 28, 2015 5:49 am

warthog1 wrote:Thanks :) I've still got a moon comet floating around and can prob find the rail mount it came with. Grabbed the serfas as it hangs on to the seat post better.
Do you run the 2 straps around the post and single strap around the rails?



Yes.
g-boaf
 
Posts: 5509
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: S5 seat bag

Postby warthog1 » Thu May 28, 2015 11:07 am

Oops if I reread your post above mine you do explain that quite well in the opening paragraph :oops:
Thanks for patiently answering the idiot. :)
User avatar
warthog1
 
Posts: 4154
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: S5 seat bag

Postby g-boaf » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:12 pm

warthog1 wrote:Oops if I reread your post above mine you do explain that quite well in the opening paragraph :oops:
Thanks for patiently answering the idiot. :)


No dramas! :)

I'll be posting my curly question soon enough on the topic of an irritating Magura hydraulic brake issue (not staying centered).
g-boaf
 
Posts: 5509
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm


Return to Cervélo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Torpedo 7 Cycling Express
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Ebay Ebay AU
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter
“Bicycles BNA on Strava