bottom brackets BBright continued!

softy

bottom brackets BBright continued!

Postby softy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:53 pm

Hey Cervelo lovers out there!

The dreaded bottom bracket story, replacing a bottom bracket means getting a BBright or one that can be adapted.
I have been reseaching this as I would like to change a standard crankset to a compact. I have a K light BBright 130 bcd fitted now to my S5. So what is my options?

On the Cervelo site, they said FSA are not doing BBright anymore, but the FSA BB 386 EVO will fit with adapters, but which adapters? Can I use the bearing and sleeve already in the bike so I don't have to extract it.

any help on what is compatible and what adaptors are need would be appreciated.

Cheers

r2160

Re: bottom brackets BBright continued!

Postby r2160 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:40 pm

Are you just replacing one crank set for another, with the same axle size, just different BCD?

If so, you dont have to do anything.

However, maybe contact these people

http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/bb ... ckets.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cheers
-----------
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" Lance Armstrong

softy

Postby softy » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:20 am

r2160 wrote:Are you just replacing one crank set for another, with the same axle size, just different BCD?

If so, you dont have to do anything.

However, maybe contact these people

http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/bb ... ckets.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cheers
Well yes and no.

Yes I would like to buy a compact crankset and just swap it. The problem is finding a crankset with the right length spindle.
BBright is 11mm longer than BB30
BB evo 386 is slightly longer than BBright, but will fit with spacer.
(As I am aware)
So what to buy to go compact?

r2160

Postby r2160 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:51 am

If you want to go compact, consider new shimano cranket. Bb reafily available and ghe new shimano cranks accept all size chainrings, compact and non-compact
-----------
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" Lance Armstrong

Storm Boy

Postby Storm Boy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:01 pm

I just bought one of these on ebay as I plan to purchase an S2 in the next few days and fit a 5800 crankset, I hope I've bought the right thing :-)

http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/bb ... ranks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,

SB