Touring equipment you wouldn't leave home without

RonK

Re: Touring equipment you wouldn't leave home without

Postby RonK » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:37 pm

ldrcycles wrote:
RonK wrote:
PS - after this tour there is one item that I will never go on tour without. My Showers Pass Elite 2 rain jacket.
I thought you would say the little bear thing :) .
You mean Boofle? He is charge of navigation - of course he is essential, it goes without saying... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

festybiker

Postby festybiker » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:21 pm

LIke the idea of the Clickstand and as Warren suggests using it as a tarp pole too.

What about using more modern alloy skinnier tent poles with the bungestyle cord attaching them together.

The weight of a loaded tourer may indeed be too much for these but i guess its all in the experimenting. Leave it with me, i work thorough...but slow.

RonK

Postby RonK » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:28 pm

festybiker wrote:LIke the idea of the Clickstand and as Warren suggests using it as a tarp pole too.

What about using more modern alloy skinnier tent poles with the bungestyle cord attaching them together.

The weight of a loaded tourer may indeed be too much for these but i guess its all in the experimenting. Leave it with me, i work thorough...but slow.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Hmmmm, that's what a Clickstand is - I have one.

festybiker

Postby festybiker » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:46 pm

My word that is a lot of question marks Ronk.!!

I was furthering the discussion from a previous post within this topic about MAKING a click stand. I hope this makes more sense to you.

How do you find your Clickstand on a loaded tourer? Does it have multiple uses when touring?

RonK

Postby RonK » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:09 pm

festybiker wrote:My word that is a lot of question marks Ronk.!!

I was furthering the discussion from a previous post within this topic about MAKING a click stand. I hope this makes more sense to you.

How do you find your Clickstand on a loaded tourer? Does it have multiple uses when touring?
Well I was confused by your question about "using more modern alloy skinnier tent poles with the bungestyle cord attaching them together."

After all, that describes exactly what a clickstand is.

Works perfectly when the bike is loaded. And it's very handy for getting snakes out of the tent. :) :) :)