29er as a Road and Single-track Tourer

Re: 29er as a Road and Single-track Tourer

Postby rifraf » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:26 pm

Well you wouldn't credit it.
I spent a couple of hours in the shed today mocking up the fenders.
It appears I will be able to retain the lower BBB XL Fueltank but not with my new Nalgene wide mouth water bottle.
I had to laugh as it appears I'll get away with a 1.5 pet bottle which I didnt expect.
I'll have to seek some measurements of a Nalgene narrow mouth to see if ones worth ordering.
I'll be spitting if I cant get one in their blue plastic to at least match the colour of the one it would be replacing.
If not I'll consider a smaller capacity narrow mouth or give up entirely and stick with Pet bottles which is the cheaper option.
Surly Ogre, Carry Freedom Y-frame Trailer, Extrawheel trailer.
rifraf

by BNA » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:56 pm

BNA

Postby Aushiker » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:56 pm

}SkOrPn--7 wrote:Just make sure you either add a spot of oil to stainless threads or buy a tube of copper anti seize paste. I used the copper paste I think it's more effective plus it's the correct product for the job. Glad you have many of your parts all ready in stainless. Not only that but you can then make you whole bike HEX key getting rid of some of the annoying Phillips head and Flat tip screws you come across.

On the subject of stainless steel bolts etc does anyone know a good online source for same?

Thanks
Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Aushiker

Postby RonK » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:39 am

Aushiker wrote:
}SkOrPn--7 wrote:Just make sure you either add a spot of oil to stainless threads or buy a tube of copper anti seize paste. I used the copper paste I think it's more effective plus it's the correct product for the job. Glad you have many of your parts all ready in stainless. Not only that but you can then make you whole bike HEX key getting rid of some of the annoying Phillips head and Flat tip screws you come across.

On the subject of stainless steel bolts etc does anyone know a good online source for same?

Thanks
Andrew

There is probably someplace closer to you (this one is on the Gold Coast), but Bolts Nut Screws Online have provided excellent service even for the rather low value orders I've placed. I must admit to over-ordering at times because I feel embarrassed about the size of my order.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...
RonK

Postby Aushiker » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:56 pm

RonK wrote:There is probably someplace closer to you (this one is on the Gold Coast), but Bolts Nut Screws Online have provided excellent service even for the rather low value orders I've placed. I must admit to over-ordering at times because I feel embarrassed about the size of my order.

Thanks. After posting here my Googlefu kicked in and found some options that handle small orders ... couldn't find them on a previous search so should be good once I work out my needs plus a few spares.

Andrew
Aushiker

Postby rifraf » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:46 am

Aushiker wrote:
RonK wrote:There is probably someplace closer to you (this one is on the Gold Coast), but Bolts Nut Screws Online have provided excellent service even for the rather low value orders I've placed. I must admit to over-ordering at times because I feel embarrassed about the size of my order.

Thanks. After posting here my Googlefu kicked in and found some options that handle small orders ... couldn't find them on a previous search so should be good once I work out my needs plus a few spares.

Andrew

Hi Andrew
Who did you find?
RonKs outfit look like they have some stainless hex couplers I need to finish my mudguards but some more options would be great.
Cheers :D
rifraf

Postby Aushiker » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:39 am

rifraf wrote:Who did you find?
RonKs outfit look like they have some stainless hex couplers I need to finish my mudguards but some more options would be great.
Cheers :D

I found a couple of sites but only kept this URL ... https://www.stainlessstore.com.au/index.php I found it very doing a search in eBay and it and others popped up as advertisers :)

Andrew
Aushiker

Postby rifraf » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:54 am

Thanks heaps.
I'll go have a look
rifraf

Previous

Return to Touring Bikes and Equipment