Which headlamp and why?

Aushiker

Re: Which headlamp and why?

Postby Aushiker » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:37 pm

rifraf wrote:Andrew, perhaps you could let us know just how pedestrian was the shipping to Aus and perhaps WA in particular?
Not fast in my experience. There is generally I given ship date at the point of joining the drop. From that date factor in the normal US shipping experience.

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:09 pm

Aushiker wrote:Image

Massdrop have a drop on the Petzl Actik & Actik Core headlamps. Pricing starts at $55 on your noggin.
I was all set to order an Actik Core due to my Tikka 2xp's rubber switch cover disappearing seemingly into the either, albeit not via mass drop.

Having dropped a glass I had to seek out the brush n pan set under the laundry sink.

Low and behold I came across the red cover sitting patiently amongst the pans debris not having been emptied from its last use.

Some judicious use of a tiny tube of superglue and, bar my glue covered fingerprints and bits of tissue somewhat marring its appearance, its functioning as good as new.
Well for now at least.

I'm quite pleased as we seem to be getting a lot less bang for our buck from ze Germans at bike24.
I was quite shocked at how much closer Australian online stores appear to have caught up. :shock:
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri May 11, 2018 8:58 am

Knog has entered the headlamp market via Kickstarter with the Bandicoot.