Around world on a Unicycle

brumby33

Around world on a Unicycle

Postby brumby33 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:02 am

If any of you are on Facebook, I found this today showing on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLHpiN4 ... e=youtu.be

wow..I'm flat out balancing on 2 wheels let alone 1

cheers

brumby33
"ya gotta hold ya mouth right"

VWR Patagonia 2017
2003 Diamondback Sorrento Sport MTB

Leaf T

Re: Around world on a Unicycle

Postby Leaf T » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:34 am

Thanks Brumby. Amazing feat and incredible attitude.

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:53 pm

Some stuff to appreciate on such a venture.
  • You can carry little on a unicycle
  • A large wheel unicycle, such as this guys, is the way to go. However it does mean that a fall is from a greater height and that your feet will not be up to speed when you fall off forward (you seldom fall to the rear on a unicycle) and, unlike me, into a face plant. So he will suffer more regular injury.
  • The larger wheel also makes it a lot harder to steer and to prop up instantly
  • Obviously harder to push up hills, go over bumpy lumpy surgaces, etc. This guy will do a lot of walking
  • Large unicycles will weigh tmore though I dare say this guy will have something ligher than steel
  • Given time you can ride as far as you like. I've done qround the world about one and a half times but the longest I have ever done (albeit on a smaller wheel) in a week is a touch over 200km. THose hours of riding will kill fine motor control. That's hard enough on mine to ride with and way WAY harder on a larger wheel. And more falling of course.
  • The big plus is that he will have little trouble in most places in the world getting help with any problems. I've had nothing bu amazement and smiles even in the third world.
Good luck to the fool. The world needs more fools anyway, they make us smile.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

lightbulbjim

Postby lightbulbjim » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:29 pm

Hey Colin, big wheels ain't so bad. Yes the stakes are higher than on a small wheel but the big ones are also much more stable.

According to http://www.worldunicycletour.com/route Ed is going to be passing through Perth, so you should try and make contact with him.