Best place to buy Apidura saddle bags?

Ross

Best place to buy Apidura saddle bags?

Postby Ross » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:33 pm

I'm in the market for an Apidura saddle bag, where is the best place to buy one?
Is it worth looking around for second-hand one or are they likely to be poor value (worn out/damaged)?

nezumi

Re: Best place to buy Apidura saddle bags?

Postby nezumi » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:51 pm

It depends where you are and if you need to actually test fit the bag to your bike before buying.

I picked one up second hand, but they don't come up too often - and the price for wear often makes it seem not worthwhile.

On a pricing only basis, ordering direct from Apidura in the UK offers the best price for the Regular SeatPack (not dry) at ~$160 based on exchange rates, compared to $180 at commuter cycles and Omafiets.
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

baabaa

Re: Best place to buy Apidura saddle bags?

Postby baabaa » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:06 pm

For a single item the freight may blow out but I lashed out and did the Revelate Designs frame, seat and feedbags in one order from this lot. https://store.biketouringnews.com/categ ... -bags.html
If you are not in a hurry join the email list and wait for the sales on the apidura stuff.
Are you going apidura for the weight? Frame and seat bags don't have an easy life outside with branches, snags and unless you just lug light and fluffy stuff be prepared to patch up any wear and rub holes.