Bike for Munda Biddi and 18km commute

kithrup

Bike for Munda Biddi and 18km commute

Postby kithrup » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:09 am

Hi, I'm planning on riding the whole of the Munda Biddi trail in September 2018, but in the mean time, apart from getting fit, I'm moving house and will have an 18km commute to work. I'm hoping to ride this 2-3 x per week. We are space limited so hoping for a "one bike fits all". My budget just about stretched to a Surley Ogre but not sure if this is the best option. I'm currently riding a Gary Fisher Rumblefish 2 that I was gifted, which for sure is not ideal for my purpose.

Any advice appreciated.

Aushiker

Re: Bike for Munda Biddi and 18km commute

Postby Aushiker » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:02 pm

I am guessing the Rumblefish 2 is a full suspension bike so maybe not the best for commuting and probably also not the best for the Munda Biddi, that said I have met guys riding the Munda Biddi on full suspension bikes.

I would be considering a Surly ECR or maybe the Orge or better still the Salsa Fargo myself, but it really depends on the local pricing and your budget.

Alternatively any of the aluminium gravel grinders would be a go and probably a lot cheaper and more suitable for your longer term use as a commuter; maybe not so much fun on the pea-gravel and some of the single track in the northern sections but for most of the Munda Biddi you are riding 4WD tracks, dirt roads or rail trails.