Reviews of the Azzurri Di2 Forza Pro from Cycling Express

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:20 am

Going by the Toll website, mine is due to arrive on the 28th, will be interesting to see if they have changed everyone's tyres.

Cheers

Ps. Still didn't get a proper reply to my emails.

Timc89

Re: Reviews of the Azzurri Di2 Forza Pro from Cycling Expres

Postby Timc89 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:08 pm

Got my XL yesterday and weighed it at 8.2kg with Shimano 105 pedals on it, nothing else.

First, quick review is that it is comfortable (bar the plank of wood seat), shifting is now fun and strong frame. Will be double checking which tyres got fitted to mine tonight.

Timc89

Postby Timc89 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:21 pm

s
Last edited by Timc89 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

santacruzscott

Postby santacruzscott » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Up-date on mine(first shipment).

Still love it :D

Rides great :) , crashes well :roll: and still loving that Di2.

Tyres not to fussed with the Zaffiro's being on the bike from new , did 1000 k to get used to the bike then replaced them with GP4000s Contis.

Did 500 ks out of the box without charging battery.

Now done 2000 k (still only charged once) and the battery indicator is still showing 50%-75% charged.
Should be good for over 2 k per charge.

Love the finish on the bike , love the ride , couldn't be more happy considering the bargain price paid.

Off to bed now , as have another big day out on the bike tomorrow , early start before it gets too hot.

Cheers , Scott.

spesh

Postby spesh » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:36 pm

WOHOO April Order done for Medium version :) Can't wait

Currently riding a Medium Oppy A4 for the past 2 years so can't wait to come off the Aluminium Tiagra and onto the Di2 Alloy!

Thanks all for your help with my questions, can't wait for my birthday present! (Birthday end of April!)

briztoon

Postby briztoon » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:31 am

Ahhh Di2 Carbon maybe :?:

mezla

Postby mezla » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:46 am

spesh wrote:Di2 Alloy!
If you're expecting alloy, you're in for a nice surprise. :)

Timc89

Postby Timc89 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:15 pm

Cycling Express are rectifying the tyres situation for me. Apparently sending Rubinos out

bosvit

Postby bosvit » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:34 pm

Timc89 wrote:Cycling Express are rectifying the tyres situation for me. Apparently sending Rubinos out
Oooh double up's I like it!

mezla

Postby mezla » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:27 pm

One of the Zaffiros they sent me was actually faulty... I've had to replace it with an old spare. Hopefully they send me the Rubino I was expecting before I get too many flats :?

But... after moving the seat a little, removing the warped (and bumpy) tyre, and installing my new computer, bidons + cages... I'm absolutely loving it. So fast, so stable.

scyzer

Postby scyzer » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:49 am

First post - I've been lurking here for awhile now.

I've been following this thread and jumped the gun awhile back, purchasing two of these bikes for myself and a friend.

Initially the purchasing process was phenomenal (speaking mostly with Daniel and Peter) and I received excellent service regarding this and another order. However, when they kept pushing deadlines back (without telling me until I called up after each date they gave me was missed), the service became less impressive. Not entirely their fault, apparently their mechanics were sick for a stint, but a more realistic shipping date the second or third days I called would have been nice (expectation management). Credit where it's due though as Daniel and Peter eventually got things sorted for me and my bikes should arrive on Monday (after the couriers also dropped the ball).

Overall, I'm still pleased with the service and price.

Looking at the specifications page again, however, I'm a little disappointed:

http://www.cyclingexpress.com/cycle/bik ... d-out.aspx
Wheelset: Reynolds Solitude
Tyres: Vittoria Zaffiro Pro
Handlebar: FSA RD305NS
They seemed to have retroactively replaced the Rubinos with the Zaffiros. If the wrong tyres arrive on the bikes, I'm going to have to call up again and get this sorted.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:21 pm

scyzer wrote:First post - I've been lurking here for awhile now.

I've been following this thread and jumped the gun awhile back, purchasing two of these bikes for myself and a friend.

Initially the purchasing process was phenomenal (speaking mostly with Daniel and Peter) and I received excellent service regarding this and another order. However, when they kept pushing deadlines back (without telling me until I called up after each date they gave me was missed), the service became less impressive. Not entirely their fault, apparently their mechanics were sick for a stint, but a more realistic shipping date the second or third days I called would have been nice (expectation management). Credit where it's due though as Daniel and Peter eventually got things sorted for me and my bikes should arrive on Monday (after the couriers also dropped the ball).

They seemed to have retroactively replaced the Rubinos with the Zaffiros. If the wrong tyres arrive on the bikes, I'm going to have to call up again and get this sorted.
The latest Bicycling Australia magazine reviews this bike and the specs list Vittoria Rubino Pro tyres but the pictures show the bike has Zaffiros. Suffice to say the reviewer wasn't rapt with the Zaffiros.

spesh

Postby spesh » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:13 pm

mezla wrote:
spesh wrote:Di2 Alloy!
If you're expecting alloy, you're in for a nice surprise. :)
Doh! My excitement got the better of me... Can't wait for the CARBON!

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:46 pm

scyzer wrote:First post - I've been lurking here for awhile now.

Looks like they will be getting a few calls to have tyres replaced.

Did they think we wouldn't notice?

They seem to like keeping quiet about certain things.

Hopefully the rain clears when the bike gets here .

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ross

Postby Ross » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:16 pm

Not sure why people are complaining about tyres when they are getting a complete carbon bike with Shimano electronic shifting groupset for the price of the groupset alone. :?

scyzer

Postby scyzer » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:35 pm

Ross wrote:Not sure why people are complaining about tyres when they are getting a complete carbon bike with Shimano electronic shifting groupset for the price of the groupset alone. :?
See this is one thing I don't get... people have been shot down in this thread because what they received wasn't exactly what was specified (page 5 or so regarding the seat post/handlebars). It's the "what a bunch of whingers" attitude that seems to be so prevalent here - not saying you used those words, but the sentiment does seem to be floating around here.

Yes it's still a good deal and I'm ultimately quite happy about the purchase. However, if I do end up getting cheaper commuter tyres rather than what was specified upon purchase then that's a bit dodgy. Not a deal-breaker, but regardless, poor business practices.

Using the same logic, if the bike came with an alloy frame it would still be a bargain given the cost of the groupset alone. But I suspect that the dissatisfaction would be a little more evident and tolerated amongst the community.

*EDIT: Sorry might have come off a tad too aggressive here. I just feel that no one should be shot down for voicing the fact that they didn't get what they paid for. It might just be a cheap set of tyres but the principle still matters. As for the super-ceded items, I took note of that when I paid for the bike - though they really should update that specifications page. Again, principle. Like I said though, still very happy with the purchase (fingers crossed my bikes arrive tomorrow).
Last edited by scyzer on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

santacruzscott

Postby santacruzscott » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Ross wrote:Not sure why people are complaining about tyres when they are getting a complete carbon bike with Shimano electronic shifting groupset for the price of the groupset alone. :?
Been biting my tongue Ross , but couldn't agree with you more.

Didn't have any troubles with the Zaffiro's on mine.

Have done 2000k on mine and have just replaced them with Conti GP4000s tyres.

The only thing against the Zaffiro tyres is probably the weight , but I can't tell the difference on the bike.

The Conti's may be a bit more grippier also.

Bloody hell , just get out and ride them people , you will love it....... :D

The seat post handle bars thing , was just superseded items replaced with like components , so there was nothing to complain about there.

scyzer

Postby scyzer » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:04 pm

santacruzscott wrote:Bloody hell , just get out and ride them people , you will love it....... :D.
Hopefully I'll be able to tomorrow! :D

santacruzscott

Postby santacruzscott » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:17 pm

Fingers crossed for you.

You will not be disappointed , I'm sure. :)

mezla

Postby mezla » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:09 pm

Recent posts in these forums suggest you can obtain the Ui2 groupset for ~$1500.

...but that's not really relevant.

1) Have we still got an amazing deal? Yes, of course. I for one am very very happy :D
2) Does that imply that giving us worse tyres than advertised is ok? No, it does not, and hence we are entitled to complain about it, and expect it to be rectified.

If CE had contacted me before sending me the bike and spoken to me about tyres (and apologised), I would have been happy to pitch in a little more to get the better tyres - which would have been very generous of me as they are a business and obliged morally and legally to supply the item as advertised. No such courtesy was extended to me, so they missed an opportunity there.

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:17 pm

What a ridiculous thing to say.

So your thinking is if you get something at a good price it doesn't matter if they change parts of them to cheaper ones than what you paid for and is advertised?

I guess I should be happy with the wrong bottle of lube they sent me the other day? As I got it on special, doesn't matter it's not the one I ordered.

If you purchase something going by the written specs on the add , that is what you are expecting to receive.

Otherwise when might it stop, different headstem, wheels, etc.... Would that be ok to?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mezla

Postby mezla » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:06 am

You might've stirred up a hornets nest there Ross hehe :D

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:19 pm

Maybe they ran out of that particular model tyre and so had to swap for a different one. The tyre will wear out in a few months anyway, then you can put whatever tyres you want on it at your own expensive (Or maybe CE or Azzurri should provide buyers with a lifetime supply of tyres as well?). If it is so concerning pull the tyres off and sell them and then put the ones you like on. I'm sure there are a lot worse tyres that could of been substituted.Keep it in perspective, it's just a tyre, not like they substituted Shimano R500 wheels instead of Zipp 404s or an alloy frame instead of carbon fibre.

timbo

Postby timbo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:24 pm

I'd like to see what the second version of Ultegra Di2 is like in a couple of years time.
I imagine the battery will be about half the size of the current one.
I'll save my pennies until then. I think.

mezla

Postby mezla » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:41 pm

timbo wrote:I'd like to see what the second version of Ultegra Di2 is like in a couple of years time.
I imagine the battery will be about half the size of the current one.
I'll save my pennies until then. I think.
Really? That's what you're going with?

OK :D