Thinking of a Track bike again - Azzurri Pista

booge

Thinking of a Track bike again - Azzurri Pista

Postby booge » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:58 pm

For the last I've been tossing up getting a track bike. I've just spotted a good special on Cycling Express for the Azzurri Pista for $499, about half price.
Is this bike pretty much the same frame as the previous years Apollo track bikes with the four leaf clover shaped tubing?
I'm not after anything flashy given that it would be my first foray into track bikes.

http://www.azzurribikes.com/azzurri.asp ... =42&PID=53

Any opinions re the Azzurri bike would be appreciated.

rtnicho

Re: Thinking of a Track bike again - Azzurri Pista

Postby rtnicho » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:32 am

Just bought one of these for my (tall) 8 year old. It hasn't arrived yet so I can't tell you much about it from personal experience. In talking to folks who are more into track than I am, the bike seems pretty highly regarded for a lower-mid level bike - especially with the carbon forks. Note BE only have XS in stock and this has 650 wheels.

Cheers

booge

Postby booge » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:46 am

I'd be interested to hear how it is after you've seen it in the flesh. Didn't know if it was worth upgrading wheels, i assume they're good enough for a beginner on the track which i am.

rtnicho

Postby rtnicho » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi Booge

We took the Pista for a spin - am very happy with it. Looks great in real life and quite light. My 7 yo is very happy. Presumably ok for much bigger kids too.

Cheers
Roger

Sydguy

Postby Sydguy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi

I have done a fair few kms on mine, not riding it on track or fixed but for wet weather commuting with a front brake.

Not comfy for commuting because the geometry is very track! But the bike is light, given me no grief and performs well.

Put some Maxxis Refuse on the tyres bought a free wheel rear cog and away I went. The spokes were not properly tensioned when it arrived but luckily my brother sorted that out with truing stand, spoke tensioner tool.

I even got hit by a car on it and the bike was not even scratched, hit the front wheel and sent both of us flying - low speed but the bike was still good to go.

Also the frame is NOT drilled for bottle cages - but it is drilled for brakes. If that helps.

JM

lardass71

Postby lardass71 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:19 am

yep found the same, greay bikes, very light, howerver i was never hit by a car, no bottle mounts as suggested above,i ordered the blue one and had no brake holes either