Azzurri Forza RL after a few thousand km..

durianrider

Azzurri Forza RL after a few thousand km..

Postby durianrider » Tue May 21, 2013 10:45 pm

Holding up great. I did a review video on it. Bought with my own $ too so not a 'sneaky bike "'review"'. :wink: I compare it to my 9k Cervelo using a power meter up a local climb that was featured in the 2013 TDU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4kIB234 ... 7w&index=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Who else has an Azzurri Forza RL? What have been your thoughts.
Vegan since 2001.

Panz05

Re: Azzurri Forza RL after a few thousand km..

Postby Panz05 » Wed May 22, 2013 10:01 pm

I have the Forza Pro Di2 which has the same frame as the RL.

It is my first carbon road bike i have bought and everything you talked about in the video with regards to the frame is spot on.

The best $2.5k I have spent.

redcorpsjames

Postby redcorpsjames » Thu May 23, 2013 3:48 pm

Good review. Great spot. Inspires me to go out and get something with my go pro this w.e
Merida Scultura 905 2013
cell messenger fixie 2013

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Fri May 24, 2013 2:36 am

durianrider wrote:Holding up great. I did a review video on it. Bought with my own $ too so not a 'sneaky bike "'review"'. :wink: I compare it to my 9k Cervelo using a power meter up a local climb that was featured in the 2013 TDU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4kIB234 ... 7w&index=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Who else has an Azzurri Forza RL? What have been your thoughts.
Since when has an RS been $9k?

Those new quarqs look nice

joomz

Postby joomz » Fri May 24, 2013 7:24 am

Nice review, entertaining and thorough.
Anyone know what the difference between the Forza frames and Mezzo 90 frames is?

simonn

Postby simonn » Fri May 24, 2013 9:47 am

Good review! Have been considering an Azzurri. Azzurri vs Polygon hmmm...

Panz05

Postby Panz05 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:30 pm

I looked at the Mezzo and couldn't get it because apparently had a weight limit of 90kg.

I am a larger gentleman :-) and was told the Forza had no weight limit.

Looking at both frames I think the Mezzo has a thinner down tube and is a bit lighter than the Forza.

I looked at the Polygon, but because Azzurri offer a lifetime warranty, I went with them.

The review of the Polygon looked good as well.

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Sat May 25, 2013 2:16 am

Any reports in how Azzurri look after their claims? Lifetime warranties don't mean squat with sine companies... Look at durianriders whinge about about cervelo's "lifetime warranty" ..... Azzurri seem good bang for buck is their warranty is any good....

antipodean

Postby antipodean » Sat May 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Dr_Mutley wrote:Any reports in how Azzurri look after their claims? Lifetime warranties don't mean squat with sine companies... Look at durianriders whinge about about cervelo's "lifetime warranty" ..... Azzurri seem good bang for buck is their warranty is any good....
Commenting on Azzurri lifetime warranties at 3:16 am...insomnia much?

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Sat May 25, 2013 7:07 pm

antipodean wrote:
Dr_Mutley wrote:Any reports in how Azzurri look after their claims? Lifetime warranties don't mean squat with sine companies... Look at durianriders whinge about about cervelo's "lifetime warranty" ..... Azzurri seem good bang for buck is their warranty is any good....
Commenting on Azzurri lifetime warranties at 3:16 am...insomnia much?
The joys of coming off night shift... My best works done at 3am! ;-)

Panz05

Postby Panz05 » Sat May 25, 2013 7:08 pm

I was speaking with my Bike Mechanic today and he recently had a customer with an Azzurri warranty issue and apparently it was all good.

As long as the bike is maintained appropriately and serviced by a qualified mechanic at least once every twelve months, Azzurri will honour the warranty.

At least that's what they said to me. I have not put it to the test as yet.

durianrider

Postby durianrider » Mon May 27, 2013 8:02 pm

simonn wrote:Good review! Have been considering an Azzurri. Azzurri vs Polygon hmmm...
Polygon looks like a good deal. Azzurri is the superior product though as indicated by the lifetime warranty vs 5 year.

I like to think of bike frames as houses. If the builder offers a longer warranty on workmanship it means to me they put in a better effort.
Vegan since 2001.

durianrider

Postby durianrider » Mon May 27, 2013 8:04 pm

That is true. Cervelo have changed hands and no longer owned by Cervelo.

Azzurri is owned by Azzurri and not big enough that its going to be bought out anytime soon.

Cervelo are low quality carbon bikes in my experience. After a few thousand miles they flex a lot. Mine certainly has.
Vegan since 2001.

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Tue May 28, 2013 9:25 pm

The question was has anyone had an experience with azzurri's warranty? Any first hand accounts? They certainly appear to be good value at a great price point.

But as u have pointed out DR, there is some "lifetime warranties" that aren't worth the paper they are written on. From my experience, cervelos warranty is excellent. Takes time to swap frames over if defective, but usually no questions asked. This is on the proviso u don't root the frame stuffing around with it yourself (or by an unauthorised person) prior to claiming warranty (which is what u did yeah?).