Best Balance Bike?

WheelGadget

Best Balance Bike?

Postby WheelGadget » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:48 am

Confused!! Which balance bike is great for a two years old boy? :?:

bychosis

Re: Best Balance Bike?

Postby bychosis » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:21 pm

One that he rides. My kids have a second hand wooden one, it works fine and was a damn site cheaper than their cousins Cruzee model. The cousins one is VERY light weight, but in reality our wooden one isnt too heavy for little kids either. Just pick one that your little one will like the colour of so he will want to ride.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

MattyK

Postby MattyK » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:44 am

The one with the best resale value.
The one that is lightest (not for them, but for you so when you're carrying a crying child in one hand and a bike in the other, it doesn't wear you out more than necessary).
One that is efficient, has grippy tyres (pneumatic) and rolls smoothly (good bearings).
One that you are happy with for a few years (two is pretty young to start balancing, my kids were more like 3.5 before properly rolling, but didn't want to upgrade til at least 5+)

Cardy George

Postby Cardy George » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:51 am

Or just one with wheels. It really doesn't matter.

My wife bought a Thomas the Tank Engine wooden one for the First Son, then it went through the Second, and just as the Third was looking ready for a pedal bike the rear wheel fell off.

They literally rode the wheels off it.

It had solid tyres and no grip on the gravel of our driveway but all three learnt what it feels like to slide and what happens when you fall, and all three have respect for what they ride now.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:34 am

Forgot to add: Some sort of device that prevents the steering from turning to far is a good inclusion. Our wooden one one turns to approx 45degrees of centre either way. Makes it harder for junior to turn too far and crash.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:16 am

I picked up a second hand wooden one for $10 and my son started using it at just over 2.

He has now broken it and I have moved him onto another I picked up for $20.

It only took him about 2 weeks until he was balancing and rolling around it. Now he can go the 2kms it takes to get to the pet shop to look at snakes :D

I am going to move him onto a proper bike before he turns 3.