VWR chainline small chainring

octagonalman

VWR chainline small chainring

Postby octagonalman » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:18 pm

Hey there fellow VWR owners!
Does anyone else have issues with the chainline in the lowest gear? I've got slight rubbing against the inner side derailleur cage even when the FD cable is in slack. As in the derailleur cage can't retract enough to clear the chain completely.

Tim

Re: VWR chainline small chainring

Postby Tim » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:03 am

Have you tried adjusting the low gear limit screw?
The derailleur cage has plenty of free space on my VWR.

octagonalman

Postby octagonalman » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:15 am

Yes, the limit screw is pretty far out. I've spoken to the bike shop - there might be something a bit off with the replacement bottom bracket for my 2013 model. (The website says that the proper spec bottom bracket wasn't available at the factory at production time.)

BigPete

Postby BigPete » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:55 am

Did you get this sorted out?
I have just purchased the new model that has the non spec’ed bottom bracket and it too had the chain rubbing against the deraileur however it was just a case of adjusting the limit screw.

octagonalman

Postby octagonalman » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:58 pm

I think the original BB-7420 is a better match for it. It still feels sub-optimal, with the crankset moving in closer to the frame. At the low end it's fine now. At 3x9 and 3x8, to a lesser extent, there's some rub against the derailleur cage. It's being pushed out pretty close to the crank arm path.
Do you find there's jockey wheels running into the cassette at your lowest gear, 1x1?