looking for Malvern Star adverts from 1970's

Grifterguru

looking for Malvern Star adverts from 1970's

Postby Grifterguru » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:58 pm

Hi all,

I have been trying to locate Malvern Star adverts featuring the Malvern Star Chopper (mk1 & mk2) but so far have only found an August 1970 advert in a paper.

Does anyone know of any adverts out there on the web?

I am looking into the history and adverts of Malvern Star choppers as part of the rather complex history of the Raleigh Chopper and the "off-brand" (non-Raleigh) branded variants. Whilst a lot of the "off-brand" variants are documented to one degree or another, the Malvern variant has very little in the way of known information beyond what the handful of bikes that are known, give the researcher although even that is a biased source with various detail differences that may, or may not, be down to changes throughout production.

Any help would be appreciated with this and I am more than aware it may take a lot of time to find the information.

silentbutdeadly

Re: looking for Malvern Star adverts from 1970's

Postby silentbutdeadly » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:32 pm

Checked Trove?
Ours is not to reason why...merely to point and giggle

Grifterguru

Postby Grifterguru » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:35 pm

yes, I looked through trove using the search, but drew a blank. Much as I did using the dreaded google search and flickr but they all just spewed out a lot of irrelevant dross.

cp123

Postby cp123 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:20 pm

I think my brothers bike was a Raleigh chopper - well it had the banana seat, ape hanger bars, 3 speed sturmey archer gear and a sissy bar... it's still in the shed at mum's! :lol:

Grifterguru

Postby Grifterguru » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:20 am

I must admit, that knowing the Chopper History has lead to owning 7 mk1 and 7 mk2 Raleigh Choppers, though it is the "off-brand" variants that really interest me.

I own February 1970 Malvern star chopper, but am also looking out for a rudge, bsa and glider to add to the collection.

My friend owns the only known complete Speedwell Fireball I the UK, whilst my own Malvern is currently the earliest known Malvern in the UK.

I can post a picture up of a couple of the Choppers if you like?